- advertisement -

Are there any pumps that don't make noise?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kittycatgirl, Dec 3, 2006.

1. kittycatgirl

kittycatgirl Approved members

Just a quick question...My daughter is not interested in the pump because it makes noise and she doesn't want it to beep during class. She also doesn't like the idea of the tubing. We are looking into the OmniPod but I was wondering if any of the other pumps are silent? I think we could work around the tubing if it was a silent pump...She doesn't like that the omnipod can't come off for dance and swim. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Diane

2. TaeandTiff

TaeandTiff Approved members

The Cozmo has a vibrate feature. I think all fothem can be set to that though...

3. Jana

Jana Approved members

I think they all can be silenced.

Our son wears a Cozmo, and it has a silent mode. It vibrates instead of beeping for alarms. I'm pretty sure you can do that will all of them. Also, you can simply not program any alarms into the pump.

4. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Kaylee has a minimed, and while it beeps for a warning, or when you program it to do something (like give insulin, or lock the keypad) its not all that noisy.. when I give her a bolus.. I hear two beeps, and thats it.. it will beep if it hits it 24hr no took shut off.. it beeps every minute until you unlock it (its a safety feature) there would be no way that would happen while your daughter is in school..she would have bolused for breakfast and lunch.. Kaylee will get that if we cover dinner at 6:30pm, and she doesn't eat dessert, or need a correction, she doesn't get up till 9am.. so we have to remember on those nights to unlock it and scroll through the menu before we go to bed, so it won't be beeping at 6:30am, waking her up.. they don't beep every minute or so through out the day, but just when you are acually doing something, or it alarms.

5. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

HI
    We have animas.. and it doesnt make " noise" at all unless the alarms go off ( very rare... ) you get to programe what you want the alarm to be Sound, vibrate or nothing... I preferr load sound and vibrate for us.. The alarms only go off fo such things as warnings that an occlusions been detected.. ( VERY IMPORTANT), that you have suspended it and no basals are going.. battery, stuff like that.. we have had our pump since feb 06 and have had the alarms sound only 2x.. once for battery amd once for occlusion

6. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

My minimed pumps always on vibrate. the only time i've heard it beep was when I let the battery go really low. It doesn't beep when i give a bolus or anything, it vibrates.

7. mischloss

mischloss Approved members

We use the Animas 1250 and can be set on vibrate or silent. Also, the alarms can be set to low, medium or high for sound. It comes with tunes that you can program. They are MIDI files that you can download. You can even create your own tunes which may be your daughter would like to do. :D

Other than that, I think once pumps will carry itunes, kids will change their minds!!! LOL