- advertisement -

Are all OneTouch test strips coded 25 now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Blue

Blue Approved members

Or is there a "generic" version out there that would work with the OneTouch UltraSmart and has different code numbers?

Thanks for your responses! :cwds:

2. jbmom1b2g

jbmom1b2g Approved members

our one touch meter says that 25 is the standard code for it now.

3. Mommy To 4

Mommy To 4 Approved members

Older strips (probably expired by now) had codes ranging from 1 to 49 (I believe). The new strips are all universally coded at 25. I assume for the sake of simplicity and to minimize the likelihood of an error. My aunt used to have to check the code every time she opened a new batch of strips.

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Slightly going on a tangent, but I actually think the old way was safer. At least then there was a routine of checking the code each time whereas now it's really easy to just not even look at it - but buttons can still be pressed and the code could be accidentally changed, KWIM?

5. Blue

Blue Approved members

I agree! That's one reason why I am asking . . . I'm not sure if the code on our meter was changed deliberately or accidentally . . . I went to check, glanced at the meter thought it "looked odd" but couldn't place why. So I took the strip out and put it back and saw the wrong code number. Fixed it, but it got me wondering . . .

I think if all the strips have the same code number, the meter codes should be harder to change than an up or down arrow . . .

6. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I think that when One Touch manufacture a new meter, there probably won't be a code to change at all, and it will be totally non-coded. But they don't seem to make new meters with the same regularity as Accu-Chek.. I love Accu-Chek.