- advertisement -

Are all NovoPen cartridges the same size?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by anna-bananna, Oct 20, 2011.

1. anna-bananna

anna-bananna Approved members

Hi All,

We have been using the Novolog pen cartridges/vials with syringes for about a year now, but are switching to the NovoPen Jr. in the next couple of days. I still have some pen cartridges left, and wondered if they will work in the Jr., or if I need to get a different size?:confused:

The pharmacy tech didn't know what I was talking about (they can't seem to wrap their brains around the cartridges being used with syringes and not the pens...I always lose them at that point and get passed around until someone is willing to take my word for it), and put me on hold for the pharmacist, but I just waited forever and then was disconnected.:rolleyes:

Anyway, I thought I'd probably get a faster (and just as accurate, if not more) answer on here.:D

Thanks!

2. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

My guess is yes.

Tyler uses the Novolog Jr. Pen (when he uses it), I just pulled the cartridge box out of the fridge and it says NOVOLOG PEN REFILL.

Hope someone can give you a more concrete answer.

3. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

Yes! We use both the regular Novopen and the jr (for nighttime corrections), and we use the same cartridges in both.

4. anna-bananna

anna-bananna Approved members

Thank you so much!

One more question...Do you know if it has to be a brand new (totally full) cartridge going into the pen, or can I put in a partially used one?

5. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

I've never put a partially used one in. You could probably do it, but you'd have to make sure to prime it down to that level before doing a shot.