- advertisement -

Aquapac at the beach

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by coeen, Jun 19, 2013.

1. coeen

coeen Approved members

Love it! My son has worn if for two days now at the beach. He is a maniac in the water. His pump has not gotten wet at all in the pack. He laid in the ocean. He got wiped out by waves. Not one drop of water in the pack. It is kind off bulky but he doesn't care. I was able to see through the pack and see his sensor numbers too. His numbers were great since he snacked while playing. I will try to attach some pictures. The pack is on his back.
    It cost me about 65 bucks to get but it was worth it. I don't know if I could have managed taking pump off and putting it back on at the beach. Maybe another time.

2. akgiauque

akgiauque Approved members

Thank you for this post

3. akgiauque

akgiauque Approved members

Which model did you buy? How is the size for the pump? Can you operate the pump inside the pack?

4. coeen

coeen Approved members

I bought the model that is made for the insulin pump. I will have to look to see what model. The belt that comes with it is quite large and we didn't use it. I used one of his pump pack belts. I put a metronic pump in it and it could probably fit two. I could see through the pack and push the buttons for insulin. It was very clear. I could see his cgm numbers clearly too.
    We used it for three days now at the beach and no problems. :D
    If you were able to see the pictures I posted you can see it on his back.

5. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

6. coeen

coeen Approved members

That's it

That is the pac. When I bought it, it takes you to the US site to pay.
    I just hate the big bulky belt but that was easy to fix.
    It is clear on the front and easy to see and push buttons through it.
    It survived four days at the beach with sand and seashells.
    Next stop, waterpark. We will see how it works there. :D

7. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

I hate to be the negative voice on this thread, but our experience with the Aquapack wasn't so positive. My daughter loved it for long baths, but when she wore it at camp, the pebbles on the beach poked holes into it and the pump ended up swimming in an H20 filled Aquapack. When we went to the waterpark, it got burned the entire length (width - the short dimension of it). Ours is covered with waterproof tape. When the new pods came out, we decided Cutting-the-Cord was a better solution for the summer months/water play times that doesn't risk pump failure. I wasn't going to purchase another $70 Aquapack.