- advertisement -

Appeal Hearing

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by alana56649, Nov 16, 2014.

1. alana56649

alana56649 New Member

I have an appeal hearing next week. My son has state insurance and I am trying to get an omnipod covered. From what I am finding it doesnt look very encouraging? Any ideas?

2. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

My daughter used Omnipod for 5 years, and is happily using a tSlim now. A pump is a pump, and your son may find that tubing is not nearly the problem that he thinks it is. My daughter wouldn't go back to Omnipod if she could. I'm actually grateful that I was told she would have to rely on Medicaid, because that is why we started looking at tSlim.

3. dshull

dshull Approved members

Most state insurances will not cover Omnipod because most state plans follow Medicare guidelines, and Medicare won't cover Omnipod. Why they don't, I'm not sure, but Medicare will not pay for Omnipod. You can check with your state plan to see if they follow Medicare guidelines. Most states do, because it's easier I think than making up their own guidelines. So you may want to research that in advance of your appeal hearing and see what your state does.

Hope this helps and good luck -