- advertisement -

Apology to freestyle

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mom2Hanna, Mar 14, 2013.

1. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

Ok, so we have have used one touch test strips since diagnosis. And I always read everyone saying that freestyle test strips used so little blood and thought well whatever. But now that we're using freestyle strips it's amazing how little blood they need. I got a minuscule drop this morning that one touch never would've accepted and manage to get a reading. I was thrilled I didn't have to poke her again.

2. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

I thought the same thing when my DD switched! I couldn't believe what a difference there was in blood sample sizes!! I felt bad for DS, who was still on One Touch. We've since switched him ;)

3. Tomdiorio

Tomdiorio Approved members

That sounds nice. I hate repoking DS. I wish we could use freestyle with the ping meter.

4. coeen

coeen Approved members

Freestyle is awesome. I just had to sadly retire our Freestyle Lite meters tonight. My insurance won't cover them anymore. I made it as long as I could with the strips I had left. I now am starting with the Verio IQ from Onetouch and it does need more blood and it doesn't give you the extra time to add blood if you don't have enough like the Freestyle. I need a night light and the IQ has one. :(