- advertisement -

Anyone with High Deductible HSA Insurance Plan?

Discussion in 'Insurance Issues' started by Christel, May 6, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Christel

Christel New Member

We're currently on a "high deductible" HSA plan and even though it's our second year on it, we're having sticker shock. $296 for 2 vials of insulin WITH insurance. Strips, infusion sets, CGM supplies.... and a $4K deductible that will rise to $7K when the new insurance plan starts.

Anyone have any tips on HSAs/High deductible plans and what you've been able to do? I'm reeling (and very much missing the old "copay" style).

Thanks!

2. jbmom1b2g

jbmom1b2g Approved members

Last yr we did the traditional plan, this yr we did the HSA. So what we did was we took what we would have been paying for the traditional plan plus what we were putting in the flex spending account and put it in the HSA account. So we had our deductible covered. We are now just making payments for the rest since we have already hit our max out of pocket. ( I had major surgery in Feb). My Dh work also did a contribution to our HSA account which has helped a lot.
    Hope this makes sense.:rolleyes: