- advertisement -

Anyone willing to share training guides/forms?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by HanksMom, Jul 10, 2012.

1. HanksMom

HanksMom Approved members

We've very recently decided to move home to Indiana to be closer to our families, and this means enrolling Hank in a preschool (which we were going to do anyway in the fall, but moving the timeline up about a month). We've found one that seems to be extremely open to D care, but I'm very interested in getting some samples of what others have done in terms of written training materials/handouts for care providers, particularly for young children.

We have simple forms we've developed for our current full-time sitter and for grandparents, but nothing for a school environment. He will be there Monday-Friday, full-time, and snacks/meals will be provided by the center...we'll get a menu in advance.

Thanks in advance!!

Kim

2. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

A few years back I posted our home made manual with photos, it's a huge file so Jeff embedded it somewhere. I can't find it right now, but if you send me your email address, I can send it to your email directly.

3. HanksMom

HanksMom Approved members

Thanks!! Just sent you a pm with my email.

4. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

5. steph

steph Approved members

That is pretty similar to what I did except I had an illustrated hand out for giving injections as well. Also I copied the sheets on symptoms and treatment of highs and lows we got from the hospital bc we dont have a CGM. Let me know if you want the injection handout in case the provider has to do a correction by syringe.

6. Joretta

Joretta Approved members

American diabetes and JDRF both have paperwork.

7. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

As an extra - we wrote on Rachel's sheet what 'number' the pricker should be set at . Somehow it got turned up to 5 at school and the poor kid HATED having her finger pricked and the Teacher commented how much blood there was at each prick :(