- advertisement -

Anyone use the Zone Diet?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Food' started by SPICYSMOM, Jul 25, 2010.

1. SPICYSMOM

SPICYSMOM Approved members

I am overweight and looking at the Zone Diet for a lifestyle change. I am reviewing the information now, trying to start adding in more low GI carbohydrates, etc.

Wonder if anyone, especially Type 1, has had experience with the diet and what you thought?

Thanks,

2. MomtoPatience

MomtoPatience Approved members

Sheryl,

I am not really sure about the Zone, But let me tell you what has worked for my dd, And Dh and for me. I am type 2 and my dd is 6 she is insulin resistance. She has lost 25 pounds since she is a child they do not want her to lose anymore. And my dh has lost 140 pounds and reached his goal weight. 140 pounds in less in 8 months!!!

Basically Protein/veggies/fruit and tons of water. Whole wheat, almond butter instead of peanut butter. Fish, chicken, eggs. In the begining we had to give our daughter potatoe bread to wing her off of carbs for lunch and 3 oz of turkey. Please feel free to pm me.
    Good luck you can do it. My sweet daughter is proof. She went from wearing ladies large to now wearing childrens. It wasnt how much we were feeding her it was what. Her body could not process carbs. ( we did not know she had a insulin problem)