- advertisement -

Anyone suspect a "Secret Kids w/Diabetes Handbook"?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by timnshann, Mar 16, 2009.

1. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

ROFLMAO!!!!!:D

And THAT is the BEST avatar ever;)

2. Zac's Mom

Zac's Mom Approved members

I forgot the chapter on: How I got T1 Diabetes from eating too much sugar & I will never get to eat ANY sugar ever again!!!!

or maybe that should be followed by: How I am a D child & I still get too eat candy & how everyone looks at me like I have 2 heads. And shame on my mom for letting me feeding my all those sweet tarts, gummy savors & glucose tabs.

3. timnshann

timnshann Approved members

Chapter 62: Great Places to Smear Blood after Testing Blood Sugar

Chapter 78: Why Wait 3 Days? Tips on Picking, Scratching and Bumping Infusion Sites.

4. mrcool

mrcool Approved members

Oh boy, all this is surely something to look forward to. :D Mine can't talk yet, but how about "Getting sick on 3rd week after dx as if mom and dad don't have enough on the plate already! Since we're learning, let's also learn about having diabetes during an illness!".

5. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

Chapter 92: Can we test the dog for diabetes? And other ways to misuse glucose monitors.

6. timnshann

timnshann Approved members

Followed by Chapter 93: Syringe Water Guns, Popping Balloons with Lancets and other Ways to Misuse Supplies.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  7. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

I actually think all the kids gang up and read that. I think that might be chapter one LOL.

on a serious note, hang in there. It's not easy that soon after dx.

8. sugarmonkey

sugarmonkey Approved members

Telling Mum halfway through basal testing 'I forgot, we had an hour of exercise at school today.'

Or when 20mins away from school 'Mum I left my diabetes bag at school.'

9. CButler

CButler Approved members

How about the chapter:
    "How to screw up your nighttime numbers due to being 'sooooo hungry' before bed"

10. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

How to check to see if it is a "diet" soda.

11. Gaia

Gaia Approved members

"How to make Mom look like a complete nutcase in the middle of Walmart when she says 'You cant eat that yet cause you're still high' " :p ( Ok Ill admit, some days when Im so tired Im giddy, I do get a chuckle out of some of the looks we get :eek: )

Where are we? Chapter 94? I think we should collectively write this book! LOL

12. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

how to freak out parents

lay on floor at store, pretending to be unconcious until parent runs to your aid then laugh.

collection of a diabetic child

old strips containers and the 40 monitors in the toybox

13. Lee

Lee Approved members

How to get parents arrested:
    Behave soooo bad in the checkout line your mom is forced to say - if your not high, you are in deep trouble!!!!

14. Eve

Eve Approved members

How about...

Mom, I'll pee on the strip if get a cookie. (or in my daughters case red peppers!)

15. Mistync991

Mistync991 Approved members

how about ...

"How to acheive the most calls in one day from the school nurse to Parents"

i think my dd has just got to have the record of this with 6 calls in one day...fun day ...not

16. Judy&Alli

Judy&Alli Approved members

How to properly spit the glucose gel at your dad's face when low.

How to make your head spin off your shoulders and still manage to spit the glucose gel in your dad's face.

17. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Being a BTDT as a child, I have no problem with this one!!:D My dad used to enjoy it too!

18. Omo2three

Omo2three Approved members

Chapter 101 How to give your mom a heart attack... Sneak a couple of m& m's before testing so the BG is 380...really high from residue on fingers...so mom corrects...checks 15 minutes later it's...48!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    So she makes you eat the rest of the m&m's:rolleyes:

19. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

Chapter 105: Another way to get stares in the grocery store - Start discussing carb counts with your 5 year old.

Under the Celiac section of that chapter: Use your cell phone as you are shopping to ask every company if their item is gluten-free.
    Do a dance in the aisle as you discover another cereal (Corn Chex) is now gf.

20. MLH

MLH Approved members

What about a chapter called "A Million and One Places to find a Used Test Strip".

And then there is the "Mother of the Year" award, when someone overhears you say to your child at a party...."why don't you eat just the frosting off the cake before you have the ............(pizza, hot dog, or other nutrious lunch food) served at a birthday party. :)