- advertisement -

Anyone successfully using tummy as a pump site?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by VikkiMum, Aug 7, 2011.

1. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

We've never done the thigh, but for the butt, you use the upper, outside quadrant of the "cheek." In other words, make an imaginary + on the cheek, and only use the outside, top part. You don't want it to be in a place where pants waistbands will cover it. He is not sitting on it, but I imagine he does lean on it while sitting, but he never complains. He is always wrestling around with his brother on the floor, and we've never had a problem.:cwds:

2. fdlafon

fdlafon Approved members

When Jordan pumped, he preferred his tummy.
    He's older than your child, however, very skinny with very little fat, so I think you are ok.

Good luck!!!

3. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Does she say it's stinging all the time, or just when she moves, or just when she boluses? In my experience, sites which sting constantly need to be removed, whereas sites which only sting occasionally or only when bolusing tend to hurt a couple of times over the first few hours, and then get better.

4. VikkiMum

VikkiMum Approved members

Ah thanks Emma
    I got myself in a real state over everything this morning.
    No it doesn't sting constantly and yes you are right it was only on & off stinging for the first few hours. She didn't mention it at all later on in the day so hopefully it has settled down for her.
    Thanks for your help
    Vikki
    x

5. show2tj

show2tj Approved members

Tummy

For some reason Sebastian's tummy sets don't last as long (2 days max). We use tummy, buttocks, thighs, back fat around belt line, arms. Sebastian prefers his bicepts, but has become more flexible over the past 6 months. Try them all! Life is like a box of chocolates...;)

6. Mom211

Mom211 Approved members

My 7yo dd loves using her tummy for her sites. We use a steel cannula set. She also uses her bum but we seem to have higher numbers using that area - not sure why? She wears her Dex on her arms so we don't use them for her sites.

Her endo wants her to start using legs - her dad talked her into trying it tonight as she wasn't too keen on the idea. I have my fingers crossed that it will work well.

Hope your dd's tummy sites work well for her!

7. manda81

manda81 Approved members

My son is 6, and we use tummy and the back of his arm, exclusively. He doesn't like the other sites.

8. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

You put the set on the upper bottom (sit on a chair and put your hands on the place that doesn't make contact with the chair...you've got your real estate!) Another amazing spot for Molly is above the belt line around her back (love handles).