- advertisement -

Anyone need Skin-Tac????

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mom2cjh, Sep 17, 2008.

1. mom2cjh

mom2cjh Approved members

I have 2 boxes of Skin-tac wipes which we were using on my son. We found out he is allergic to colophony thru skin testing. A type is rosin which is an indregient in skin-tac...caused rashes, hives, lost pods, etc...So I would love to mail them to anyone who could use them free of charge. They work great...if you're not allergic! Just message me with where to mail them.

2. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

I'm sorry to hear of the allergic reaction!:(

If Skin Tac worked for him, you could always apply a piece of Opsite tape, apply the skin tac, and then the pod:confused:.

3. mom2cjh

mom2cjh Approved members

I'll have to check that out and see the "ingredients" in Opsite tape. Currently using tegaderm HP which has better holding power during swimming than regular tegaderm. Allergic to pod...used tegaderm...no rash but fell off during swimming...used skintac under the tegaderm...and then a rash again. No rash now but next summer may have problems with tegaderm HP for extended swimming. I'll check out the Opsite...thanks for the advice.

4. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

are they the same as IV3000- thats what we use, boy, sure could use more. let me know please.:cwds:

5. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

6. Big Hair Momma

Big Hair Momma Approved members

I PM'd you.