- advertisement -

Anyone need help w/ D supplies

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Barry, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lynn

lynn Approved members

What is the difference between Bard Barrier wipes and Skin Tac? Nathan is allergic to skin tac so I just use alcohol at site changes. I am worried about this summer though now that he is older and will be in the pool more. Are the ingredients mostly the same?

2. Daniel's Mom 1993

Daniel's Mom 1993 Approved members

I am not sure - the Bard Wipes are not as sticky maybe - our CDE said they were better than Skin Tack, I can send you a few to try. Pm me your address

3. ROVERT81402

ROVERT81402 Approved members

Does anyone happen to have any test strips for the asencia contour? My mom uses this meter, and she is about out of strips, and her insurance really stinks.

Thanks!

4. timnshann

timnshann Approved members

I have 2 boxes of I-ports, I believe there are 10 sealed ports in each box.
    One is sealed and one was opened from the bottom so I could show my mom what one looked like. PM me if you want them.

5. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

There is now a Sale/Swap forum at the bottom of the main Forum page :cwds:

6. Barry

Barry Approved members

Glucagon "practice kit"

Wow...it's been a long time!

If anyone wants an expired glucagon for grandma (babysitter, sibling) to get "practice" with, let me know. Thank God I've never had to reach for it in the middle of the night, but I am guessing its scary and to have done a "trial run" would make it less stressful. May have 2... just shoot me a message with an address.

Note..don't even consider keeping for a low, or for a backup. That'd be not so smart

7. CAGrandma

CAGrandma Approved members

The endo at diabetes camp told us that glucogon does expire for use if a child is unconscious it does NOT expire if you are using a mini-glucogon shot to treat a persistent low or when a kid cant eat. Something to ask your doc about.

8. Barry

Barry Approved members

I can't even imagine administering glucagon to a conscious person. Either way I'd prefer to have ones that were in date.:)

9. missmakaliasmomma

missmakaliasmomma Approved members

I have a bunchhhhh of comforts- like around 60. They're 23 inch with a 17mm cannula. They seem to all expire in 2017- ish. We got them for months while deciding on whether or not we were actually going to use the pump we got. When my dd finally did go on the pump, we wound up using insets and I don't want the comforts to go to waste. I think I can fit them in a flat rate medium priority box which is 12.35 I think. I'd pay for the shipping but had a baby 6 weeks ago and that $12 can buy a pack of diapers (sorry!!). Hopefully it's not illegal to ask for shipping $? lol. I do have paypal though. PM me if anyone's interested.

10. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

This doesn't make sense or maybe I am just not understanding. So the glucagon knows what it is being used for and can either be expired or not based on its intended use?? :confused:

11. skyblufig

skyblufig Approved members

Maybe it diminishes in effectiveness? That is to say, it's strong enough to treat a low, but not strong enough to treat unconsciousness? IDK. Anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.