- advertisement -

Anyone need help w/ D supplies

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Barry, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry

Barry Approved members

Moderator Note: Caution: Sharing Supplies/No Expired Products

Children with Diabetes encourages customers to connect, yet safety is a top concern when it comes to--especially children--using second-hand supplies.

For the safety of our members, CWD does not allow the promotion of expired diabetes products. We also ask members to be cautious about the topic of sharing diabetes supplies. In addition to pharmaceuticals/medical devices being date and temperature sensitive, the quality and intended use of second-hand supplies/products cannot be confirmed by the original manufacturer.
    Ok...who out there in D Land needs a little help to get by because for whatever reason, D, your life, and insurance just didnt happen in the right order.

Luckily I'm ok...at least for now. Several times in the past I've been blessed enough to send some supplies to someone here that had a true need. I know this has also been the case for several others here and I'm sure people w/ extra would be glad to help.

If you have a crazy amount of supplies because of the auto-refill thing...why not post them here and let those who need a hand-up private message you.

I'll start it off...... I'm all good except for Multiclix drums...got way too may of those, can I help someone out....PM me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2009
  2. BRANDYB

BRANDYB Approved members

I have tons of lancets I would give someone who needed them:)

payam7777777 likes this.
  3. Barry

Barry Approved members

exactly Brandy

4. KTurner52

KTurner52 Approved members

I have an opened but never used BD Lancet Device. For the ultra fine lancets, I think they're 31 or 33g.

5. KTurner52

Oh--also an almost full box of IVPrep. Gave my daughter a rash!

6. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

I could really use the IV prep.... its not covered on our insurence...

I have more then tons of lancets from my father... I dont think he knows to change them out at least daily :rolleyes:

payam7777777 likes this.
  7. Carrie

Carrie Approved members

Very cool idea, Barry!:)

8. Barry

Barry Approved members

I forgot....have some IV prep too. Thanks KT

ANYONE NOT HAVE A GLUCAGON DUE TO COST?

9. Gaia

Gaia Approved members

What is IV prep? Never heard of it. The lancets we use are for the Asencia microlets & the Freestyle lancet. I cant find any #'s so I dont know what size they use. God, I need a manual just for the supplies !! LOL

10. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

We have BD test strips to spare.

11. Barry

Barry Approved members

IV prep for infusion sites for pumps.

Post what you got.

PM what you want to the Poster thats got what you need

".......but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what ya need".......

12. KTurner52

My IVPrep just found a new home! Thanks Barry!

13. allisa

allisa Approved members

I'm not trying to rain on your parade and I think your generosity is something we could use much more of in the world in general....but I'm not sure it is appropriate to be giving or recieving prescription items through a website such as this.

I think it beyond tragic that some have closets full of supplies and others can barely get through a day....but I'm not sure that this is the correct way to meet a need.

Sorry to be the party pooper on what is a very sweet idea.

14. Gaia

Gaia Approved members

Ok Barry thanks. Joey doesnt have a pump which stands to reason why I wouldnt know what it was. But its one more thing to add to my D - dictionary. Thanks.:cwds:

P.S. "Cant alway get what you want" Rolling Stones 'Let it Bleed' 1969 ( wild albulm title huh? )

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  15. Barry

Barry Approved members

Absolutely appropriate, especially if your testing your child 3x per day vs the 6-7 you'd like to and believe me, that is absolutely the case here w/ some people on this site.

16. Twinklet

Twinklet Approved members

So far, everything listed can be bought over the counter, without a prescription.

17. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

well... its NOT like D supplies are something you can drop off at the local good will... How else do you propose to get rid of your excess stuff... Im sure, if I look, I have stuff that needs new homes. It would be a shame to toss it in the trash. I mean, everuthing is paid for, by me, or by my insurence, which, is paid dearly by me yet again...

Aside from the glucogon offer, the rest is accually over the counter anybodty can buy the supplies stuff.

18. lynn

lynn Approved members

I have two tubes of numbing cream. One of them was used twice. My son is allergic.

19. Barry

Barry Approved members

ADDITIONALLY....If D has taken a extraordinary toll on some of you newbies...and God knows it can.....I'll send you my Rx of Xanax and a 6 of Heineken to chase it with.

20. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

I get what you're saying, but I would say, "any port in the storm." Since no one else will help our fellow diabetics, we must help one another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.