- advertisement -

Anyone know when Medtronic 640 will be available in the US?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by hrermgr, Jan 20, 2016.

1. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

Hi, all! Does anyone know when the Medtronic 640 pump going to available in the US? I know it's available in other parts of the world. We would like to upgrade our daughter's pump and heard the new Medtronic should be available in 2016...maybe the spring?? Anyone know???

2. Brenda

Brenda Junior Member

3. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

Thanks, Brenda. Bummed that the article states "late this year or 2017". Not sure we want to wait to buy a new pump until then!

4. dpr

dpr Approved members

They were hoping to release it the end of last November and be shipping by February. Obviously that didn't happen. The last I heard a couple weeks ago is the FDA wanted 2 things cleared up and the person I got my information couldn't tell me any more than that. The jest I got is Medtronic wants everything very hush hush. Supposedly the programming is pretty cool and beyond anything else out right now. Our pump is out of warranty and we're anxiously awaiting something to happen soon.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  5. MHoskins2179

MHoskins2179 Approved members

As of today, it's not yet submitted to the FDA for approval.

That will likely happen soon, but it probably won't be approved until end of 2016 or even early next year.

6. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

Uggg...hoping for sooner than that.