- advertisement -

Anyone know sequence to change battery with Ominipod without losing active pod?

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by ChocolateLover, Aug 22, 2012.

1. ChocolateLover

ChocolateLover Approved members

I think we have changed the batteries for the Omnipod controller without losing the active pod at least three times....two for sure. One I did and one Cj changed.

I called the support line one time when I needed to change the batteries and the pod was less than 12 hours old and that person helped me change batteries but the pod was lost.

No complaints with their customer support. I know it can be done.

TIA!

Jen

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  2. swellman

swellman Approved members

Changing the batteries NEVER results in an active pod loss. Never in the zillion times I've changed the batteries. Just pop 'em out and shove 'em in. I have no idea what happened to you.

3. Dan

Dan Approved members

I am also a little confused. We change batteries all the time with no issues

4. Pauji5

Pauji5 Approved members

four years and we've never lost an active pod by changing the batteries.....

5. Traci

Traci Approved members

We've lost two pods while changing the batteries. Not sure what we were doing at the time, but when I called customer service, they told me to make sure we were on the home screen or inactive (meaning the Pdm had the black screen and was not in use). We've done that ever since and never had another problem.

Obviously, we weren't in the middle of a bolus or anything like that, but I might have been on the records screen or something while trying to change the batteries...I honestly don't know, but it can happen!

6. ChocolateLover

ChocolateLover Approved members

Able to change batteries today without losing pod

I was able to change batteries today without losing pod. I had it in "sleep" mode...screen off. I didn't turn off the basal.

I think in the past I had the screen on when I changed the batteries.

Thanks to you all!!

J