- advertisement -

Anyone here read Janet Evanovich books?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by diamondback688, Jan 7, 2009.

1. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

I'm just curious. I get the newsletter and noticed that she was doing a book signing in Tampa, which is about 45 minutes away.

So my mom, dad, and I went last night. The book signing wasn't starting until 6 PM, but we got to the Barnes and Noble around 5 PM so we could go eat.

I got my book and wristband. Turns out I was number 486(They started at 200). They were doing it in groups of 50. All of the people wanted their pictures taken, which is why it took so long, I guess.

OMG!! First, she didn't get there until 6:30, so she was 30 minutes late.

There were a million people there, I swear. I got there at 6 PM, and didn't get my book signed until 9:30. Then we didn't get home until 10:15.

All told, I was there for four and a half hours.

But, it was definitely worth it.:D:D

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  2. Riley'sMom

Riley'sMom Approved members

yes! LOVE THEM! so funny!
    the grandma is a riot.

3. Lee

Lee Approved members

Every.single.one.of.them!

They are very funny!

4. Emma'sDad

Emma'sDad Approved members

I don't, but DW loves her books!!! She has most of the one, two, three... series in hard cover and is always after me to find the ones that she is missing.

5. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

Ryan, I love Janet! I'm her number one fan! In Ghana of course. :D I have almost all of them, well 1 through 10. After #10, I moved to Ghana and haven't been able to get any of the others. :( Next time I'm in N.J.... yeah, I'm a N.J. girl, which is one of the reason's I love this woman I will pick up the missing ones!

6. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

If you can, try eBay. I bought number two through nine in paperback for something like $24 with shipping. And paperbacks are a lot cheaper to ship because they weigh less than the hardbacks.

7. TEXSONMOM

TEXSONMOM Approved members

I love Stephanie Plum. My Dad introduced these books to me a long time ago. He said he could not read them on planes because he would always laugh out loud (he traveled alot)

She is very popular - not surprised that there were a million people there.

8. Wendy12571

Wendy12571 Approved members

I love her books. I have to say 2 year ago when book thirteen came out. I went and got that book signed at a Barnes and Noble. It was worth the 1.5 hour train ride and .5 hour bus ride. My sister picked me up at the mall to bring me home. I was in the 2nd group since I arrived at like 2 or so in the afternoon. It was REALLY worth it.
    Wendy
    p.s. I got 3 copies signed. One for my sister in law, she drove my dog and I to the emergency vet that May, helped save Penny's life. Penny told me to buy it for her. Another was for a teacher friend. She also put names in all the copies.

9. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

Love her books!

I laugh out loud when I'm reading her books! My favorite passages are about the grandmother going to funerals. What a hoot!

My mother & her cousin had an opportunity to hear her speak a couple of years ago at a book club luncheon & said she was hilarious in person.

10. samheis

samheis Approved members

Well that's a neat experience!
    I love all her books, easy to read over and over.

11. AP-Mom

AP-Mom Approved members

Love them! She nails NJ on the head! I'm missing a few of her "in between the numbers" books that I have to get, but I look forward to the release in June every year. It comes right after my birthday, so it is always a birthday gift to myself.

12. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

Bursting with jealousy!
    What an awesome author! What did you have her write in your book? Or was it just an autograph?