- advertisement -

Anyone hearing anything on a new Medtronic pump?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by rutgers1, Mar 13, 2013.

1. rutgers1

rutgers1 Approved members

We were at Matt's check-up yesterday and I started lamenting the fact that the current glucose monitor that is part of his Medtronic pump doesn't meet our needs. He told us not to worry since a new pump would be coming out soon and that it as supposed to be great. Plus, it is supposed to have a much better constant glucose monitoring system.

Anyone have any details?

2. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

Soon in normal world = a few days, weeks, months.

Soon in diabetic world = several months, years, decades.

3. Charliesmom

Charliesmom Approved members

The rep I talked to on Saturday didn't sound like he expected it out any time soon.

4. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Ha! So true!

Nah, I haven't heard anything. Except that it will be here "soon." :rolleyes:

5. Lenoremm

Lenoremm Approved members

This exact question came up at the endo on Monday and they said it is at the FDA for approval now. We all know that can be a long process.

6. rutgers1

rutgers1 Approved members

My endo made it sound like it would be released any day now.

Anyone have any info on the pump and how it will be different/better than previous ones?

7. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I think it *could* be released any day now. Or a year from now. It was submitted to the FDA last summer, so...soon.

My understanding is that we will essentially be getting the Veo, so it will have the auto-shutoff of basal that will occur when BG is below a set threshold for a certain period of time. (Obviously you have to use the CGM to take advantage of that feature.) I also believe the new, smaller, more accurate sensors will be released at the same time as the new pump.

8. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

Low glucose suspend. Really, I'm not waiting for the pump as much as for the Enlite sensors!

A while ago, there seemed to be several indications that it would be out at the end of March or by mid-April, but who knows?

9. Ali

Ali Approved members

Hoping it is out soon and while I want the new sensors my hubby and I am sure all you parents will love the suspend feature. This feature if used properly is a huge huge help to all T1s who live alone or ever even spend a night alone.:cwds::cwds: ali

10. Ndiggs

Ndiggs Approved members

Medtronic is waiting on the FDA doing final inspections of the plant where stuff is made, hopefully in the next few weeks. The started the inspections back in early Feb, so should be wrapping up soon