- advertisement -

Anyone have experience with Carecentrix?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mikegl31, Dec 5, 2015.

1. mikegl31

mikegl31 Approved members

My level of frustration with this company is through the roof. After a year of using Dexcom, with no issues, we suddenly are being put on hold and they have not given approval for 2 weeks now. Dexcom has been helpful, and they even apologized to us for having to deal with Carecentrix.

I waited a week before I reached out to Horizon to find out what was going on with the approval. Like clockwork, for the past year, Dex was shipped at the end of each moth. They told me that a few months ago, they outsourced parts of their business and that I have to deal with Carecentrix. I called them a number of times this week. At first they didn't even have a record of us in the system. One woman didn't understand what a CGM is. The woman I spoke to yesterday told me she was personally going to go up to the department that does approvals and make sure that it was completed. A call to Dexom this morning shows that they are still waiting for approval, so that obviously didn't happen. The rep from Dexcom this morning was very nice and is sending us a sample that we can use.

We can live without the CGM, but the red tape that has suddenly popped up is infuriating.

I will be calling Horizon and Carecentrix on Monday and will not be getting off the phone until I know that the approval has been granted.

2. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Mike, I'm sorry you are going through this. I feel your pain. I haven't had the "pleasure" of dealing with your particular insurer or DMG supplier, but I hope it helps, even just a bit, to know that virtually all of us here on this Forum have to deal with this unnecessary crap repeatedly. Geez, don't we have enough frustration dealing constantly and unendingly with the D-beast without having to fight to get the medicine and equipment our children need? It's not like we don't pay for this coverage in the first place. We're NOT asking for something for free, for freaking sake...

Mike, give 'em hell on Monday, and keep hanging in there. Let us know what happens.

3. rgcainmd

P.S. If by sorry chance the stingy and greedy powers-that-be have not provided your child with the sensors by the time your Dexcom-provided "freebie" is running on empty, please PM me and I can send you two sensors as long as you replace one of them when you finally get your supply. We are a teeny bit ahead on sensors as I have been trying to stockpile for the Zombie Apocalypse (i.e. Unpredictable Natural Disasters).

4. mikegl31

Hi rg,

Thanks for the kind words and for your offer!

You hit the nail on the head. We work at this 24-7, we pay for our insurance, we don't need these issues to make our lives harder. Oh well....

I'll make sure this is settled by noon on Monday.

5. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

we unfortunately have to deal with carecentrix too. I hate them! Ashleigh is on a dexcom. About a week or 2 ago I ordered a new transmitter and receiver since the warranty is out on Ashleigh's. I haven't heard back from dexcom yet. I was going to call on Monday and tell them if they can't get it shipped out by 12/31 to forget it. Because on 1/1 our deductible starts back up and i can't afford to pay for a new receiver and transmitter out of pocket. Our deductible is rediculous it usually takes Ashleigh until October to even meet hers.

6. Olivia'sDad

Olivia'sDad Approved members

Yep, I had to deal with them. Same exact experience, in fact they put us through a whole new determination of medical necessity test. I had to make about 10 calls, including to Horizon who insisted that Carecentrix shouldn't be doing that. Got it all worked out eventually, took me about 3 weeks and 10 hours on the phone.

7. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

Ashleigh got her new dexcom receiver and transmitter yesterday. Hope you were able to get yours.

8. mikegl31

I got everything worked out, but it took a number of phone calls. Dexcom told us to request a year's worth of sensors to be shipped out monthly, but they will only do 3 months at a time. I am not sure what happens after 3 months - if I have to go through this process again. I'll find out in February.

9. rgcainmd

Happy to hear it worked out for you, Mike. But what a pile of crap to have to go through to get it to work out...

Please let us know if you have to jump through the hoops again in February. Good luck!