- advertisement -

Anyone have any problem with Express Scripts?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Nancy in VA, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

That's the mail order we're forced to use with UHC. We'll we got a shipment of Insulin last week we didn't order, and a shipment of strips today that we didn't order. I KNOW for a fact that I cancelled the auto refills in June when I knew I had a huge backlog and I was trying to save money. They somehow turned them back on and didn't even let my husband cancel when he called last week and they said one was "in process". He even tried to change the credit card number so it wouldn't charge and they wouldn't ship it, but no luck

Any ideas? I'm pretty angry right now because I feel taken advantage of. Its $120 for strips that I don't need right now and at a time when we're trying to save for Christmas. It was $140 for the insulin last week, again that we didn't need. I now have 9 months of strips and about 10 months of insulin. Much more than I want to have of either.

2. bradclark

bradclark Approved members

I had a similar issue with them. They sent me a prescription that I did not order and absolutely refused to allow me to return the shipment. I talked to a couple of managers, explaining that any local pharmacy would surely work with me on something like this. They still refused and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it! I feel your pain!

3. Nancy in VA

Yeah, they tried to tell my husband that they couldn't stop something if we tried to stop it when it was "in process" but he told them we stopped it in JUNE! They did start a refund process for the strips yesterday - we clearly can't return the insulin because we couldn't pack it properly. I think he told them he was going to dispute the charge with VISA if they didn't and he told them it was BULL that they basically "restarted" an autofill that we intentionally cancelled.

4. 3kidlets

3kidlets Approved members

I was going to suggest that you file a dispute with the credit card company.

5. Nancy in VA

That was my initial response yesterday because I was so angry. Hubby is going to give them a chance to make it right first. I hate that we are held hostage because this is the only mail order pharmacy and recurring prescriptions cost 2-3 times as much through insurance if we don't use their mail order. I know I'm preaching to the choir here!

6. Ali

Ali Approved members

I would contact my insurance company and tell them what the pharmacy did. They do not want to pay out either.
    Ali

7. Nancy in VA

That'll be the next step, although I think there is some relationship between the two.

8. dianas

dianas Approved members

I would file written complaints with Express Scripts, your insurance company and your state's insurance commissioner.

had your prescriptions recently expired? If ExpressScripts sent a refill authorization request to your endo either by fax or electronically that might start the shipping process all over again.

9. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

I have the opposite problem! I have 4 prescriptions on auto refill and they call me a bunch of times to confirm and send me a bunch of emails. If I don't get in touch with them the prescription spends ages in the "processing" stage. If a prescription is supposed to refill on the 15th it won't ship until the 30th usually. 2 of these are meds for asthma so they are pretty important. I end up getting a 90 day supply every 110 days which is just insane. Fortunately, I get samples from my school health clinic so it isn't a big deal but I still don't get it. There isn't a huge cost difference for me so I really should see about using a retail pharmacy like I do for my diabetes prescriptions.

10. Nancy in VA

Thought I'd update you on this situation. I don't know what kind of riot act my husband read them, but they agreed that there was a mistake with both the strips AND the insulin prescriptions we got this month. We got a return label in the mail yesterday but then a rapidly sent email from their Customer Service telling us that the return label was a mistake and they were just refunding the charges for each of those prescriptions and we could just keep the prescriptions.

Not that we could send the insulin back anyway, since its refrigerated.

So, he must have really told them off!

I can usually hold my own in just about any situation and I can go toe-to-toe with just about anyone and argue about just about anything, except when it comes to bills for health care for my kids. For some reason, the minute I get any resistance, its tears for me! So, I'm glad that he handled it - it helps when he's as angry as I am!

11. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

So in this case DH was "dear" husband. ;)