- advertisement -

Anyone else lie about their child's dose?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by bnmom, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Youre ex sounds like a complete a$$. But Im sure Im not telling you anything you dont know already;) I feel the same way about car accidents, they dont happen very often but I still make my kids wear a seatbelt even if we're driving a mile down the road.

I think you are a smart lady about checking each and every night. Youre not willing to take chances and your childs father shouldnt be either:( If he wont believe you maybe he will read info on the computer about type 1? I think for now your idea about cutting back on the lantus dose is a way to keep your child safe. Im sorry he's not being intelligent about this.

2. Abbysmom

Abbysmom Approved members

I would run him higher

Unless the you can get the Endo to recommend otherwise there really is no other option. I am concerned though that you are having to carb him at 3 am often. Exhaustion can be very real and long-term you might have to think about a different solution. It sound like his lantus might be too high when he is at home as well. Is your Endo aware that he is going midly low at night regularly?

Would a CGM be an option eventually. I don't have any personal experience but it seems like that would atleast wake Dad and help solve your problem. Maybe the Endo would be more supportative if he saw what was going on from the monitor printout.

I think trying to get Ex to wake and check Son is a loosing battle unless he has doctors orders to do so.

3. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

I don't think that telling him that the lantus dose has changed every Thurs will work. He will come up with a different excuse not to test. I think your best bet would be to talk to the endo and get him to tell the ex to test at 3 am.

4. Mistync991

Mistync991 Approved members

this is why I am so glad we have a cgm now...although x says its a pos and dosent work and gets on his nerves...good im glad it gets on your nerves heaven forbid you dont pay attention to your daughter and she go low

but of corse i need to stop ordering stupid stuff she dosent need and taking her to the doctor so much oh yea and im a hypocondriac (according to him)