- advertisement -

Anyone else here with a 4 year old diabetic child?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mojo's mommy, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Mojo's mommy

Mojo's mommy Approved members

Wondering if there is anyone here facing the same daily struggles with a 4 year old diabetic child.Everything from all over the chart blood sugars to struggles with food. Love to be able to trade ideas and just talk with someone who knows what it is like.

Teri

2. mdamlung

mdamlung New Member

Hi Teri! I am so sorry to hear about your little girl. :( I have a 4 year old daughter (Madison) that has been insulin dependent since she was 2 months old. We have definitely been through some ups and downs here. Feel free to contact me, hopefully I can be of some help or at the very least a sounding board for when you need to "vent"! ;)

Melissa

3. rileysdteam

rileysdteam Approved members

Hi Teri,

Completly understand what you are going through. I have a 4 year old son who is constantly changing what foods he will and will not eat. Feel free to contact me, I would also like to have someone to talk to.

4. julia

julia Approved members

My daughter is 11 now, but was dxd when she was 2.5, so I remember well what it was like, struggling to get a toddler to eat.

What insulin regimen is your daughter on, Teri?

5. cydnimom

cydnimom Approved members

Teri,
    I have a 5.5 yr old son who was just diagnosed Sept 30/05. I understand what you are going through. Not only is my son picky, he changes his mind constantly (go figure). One day he likes something the next day not. What I'm finding hard now is all the snacking. He was never a snacker before and quite often he is not hungry every 2 hours and basically with being on H and N insulins twice a day you are basically feeding the insulin and not the child.

6. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Hi,

My daughter is 4 years old also, and was diagnosed this past June. We are going to start pumping after the first of the year. I know how you feel about the diet. Our challenge isn't getting her to eat, it's getting her to eat more than 4 things:eek: . Feel free to contact me anytime. Wendy

7. Mojo's mommy

Hi everyone,

I have posted you all messages in your personal reply files, I know that some of you were not aware of it. Hoping to talk with you soon!!

Teri aka ( mojo's mommy)

8. Melanie

Melanie Approved members

Hi my daughter will be 4 in a few months and I totally understand where you are at. My daughter was also having bg all over. She was just changed to 1 unit of lantus at bed time and that seems to be helping. I found foods that I know she will eat and I measure everything. Keeping a schedule really does help! Good luck!:eek:

9. Mojo's mommy

Hi Melanie....

I thought I was up on all these things , obviously I am not. Could you please tell me what Lantus is. Courtney is having such a hard time...I have had to up her a.m and p.m insulin because she was waking up in the 20s and now we are back to having problems with lows. Today at 10:30 she was 2.8 , it is making me nuts. We are back to Childrens in January hopefully they will be able to help!!!
    Thanks
    Teri

10. Nana

Nana Approved members