advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else have kids that don't like glucose tabs?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by bisous, Jul 18, 2008.

1. bisous

bisous Approved members

I've tried and tried to get DS to try them. He just isn't at all interested. I know that they are supposed to be faster than anything else, plus they are nice and compact and easy to carry around but for some reason DS just won't give them a try! I suppose we'll have to stick with juice boxes (one HALF of a 4 oz juice box that is!) for now.

Anyone else have this issue?

2. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

Westin won't even try them. We use juice boxes and smarties!

3. KatelinsMom

KatelinsMom Approved members

My daughter cannot stand glucose tablets. She prefers juice if she is at home, candy if she is at school. She does keep glucose tablets in the car for emergency purposes only.

4. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

We usually use skittles

5. brandygary

brandygary Approved members

The first time we were chasing a low, newly dx, I tried to get Davin to eat the tabs and he would just spit them out...talk about a mess!!!:( We just stick to juice now.

6. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

She hates them. Juice or Airheads for us!

7. Ella's mom

Ella's mom Approved members

Ella eats smarties when low. Those glucose tabs were so large for her tiny mouth back when dxd so went with smarties. Haven't gone back to glucose tabs....plus smarties are lots cheaper!

8. MamaChrissa

MamaChrissa Approved members

Jason wouldn't touch em with a 10 foot pole! We use "Clifford" juice boxes and those little bags of character fruit snacks.

9. Eminemsmom

Eminemsmom Approved members

My DD won't use the tabs either. We have tried every flavor available and she still doesn't like them. We use the Apple & Eve Sesame Street juice boxes (15 g each). If I can find the small juicy juice boxes (15g) we use them.

10. MyAngelEmma

MyAngelEmma Approved members

We usually use juice to bring up lows as it is much more nutritious than the glucose tabs. If it is inconvenient to carry a juice box, I have on occasion just taken the tablets with us but I would much prefer to us something with some nutitional value such as the juice if at all possible, but of course that is just a personal preference.

11. zell828

zell828 Approved members

I've had them sitting in my D bag since dx unopened. We usually use juice, smarties, or peach rings (they are her current favorite right now that I found at Wal-Mart).

12. zeb'smom

zeb'smom Approved members

Zeb says the tabs are gross and won't eat them. We use milk for a mild low and juice or smarties for below 75 or so. I tried the tabs and I must say I agree with Zeb, and as someone else noted the smarties are much cheaper.

Robyn

13. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

Kylie likes them. Wants to be low to get one. :)

14. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  15. Karenwith4

Karenwith4 Approved members

Never tried them.
    We have them stashed all over the place - in the van, my purse, in the soccer bag, in the bike panier bags, in the knapsack - as a just-in-case-we-forgot-everything-else last resort. Guess I should get her to try one and see if it would work - lol.
    Karen

16. Lindy

Lindy Approved members

Our endo wants to try and get Cooper to take these as they seem more like "medicine" in a school setting and not like "candy". He won't touch them! My other non-d kids will - but my d kid says NO WAY!

17. jwk's mom

jwk's mom Approved members

Jake won't even try them. He uses the little boxes of NERDS.

18. Mom to S&S

Mom to S&S Approved members

Simone can't stand them. We either do Jelly Belly jelly beans, fruit chews (we have to take two out of most packs), or a juice box. She usually gets really upset if I try and make her have the juice box, but then will ask for one with dinner. :D

19. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

My daughter LOVES them, especially the Raspberry flavored ones.

We also use skittles, fruit rollups, juice boxes and yoo-hoo drinks.

20. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Abby is not a big fan of them. She has said that some brands are better than others, one being the ReliOn brand. Can't stand the DEX, she shudders when she thinks of them! We use fruit leather, Targets line called Archer Farms.