- advertisement -

Anybody seen this? Vaccine for Type 1 diabetes.

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Tena, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Tena

Tena Approved members

http://news.aol.com/health/article/...health/article/vaccine-type-1-diabetes/548541

Of course it is for those newly diagnosed. It even says somewhere close to the bottom of the article that they still have to figure out a way to keep the immune system from attacking again. But progress is progress.

I hate diabetes. But I wouldn't be bothered if they could keep others from getting it. I just keep hoping they also find the cure for our kids who have had it for a while.

2. grantsmom

grantsmom Approved members

I logged onto AOL late last night and this was one of their headlines. For a moment my heart raced as I opened the article....then I realized it was only for newly diagnosed and my heart sank.

Then I felt bad for only thinking of my son and not all the others that it could help....

I pray and hope that this is sucessful and can help all the children (and adults) out there who have yet to get D.

I also pray and hope that this might lead us one step closer to a cure of those with D.

3. lisamustac

lisamustac Approved members

I read this article and think any progress is great. I hope we can find a vaccine to keep all other children from dealing with this disease. I also really hope the find something to help our children dealing with this nightmare already. We are only 5 months in to dx and I am already so sick of it!

4. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Very exciting!! I hope this works and that one day theyll be no newbies in CWD that I need to cry for.