- advertisement -

Anybody here using the Bayer Contour Next strips?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ecs1516, Jun 15, 2013.

1. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Anybody on this site using Bayer Contour Next strips?

Do you like them?

2. kirsteng

kirsteng Approved members

We switched from the iBG star about 2 months ago to the Contour Next USB. I was sold on the ability to add more blood to the strip rather than wasting one if there wasn't sufficient. THat said though, it still has its downs. 1. It takes more blood than our old strips 2. Although it does give you the ability to add more, you have to do it fast or you'll still get a wasted strip. You have maybe 10 seconds to get more in there. 3. Although you can flag the sample as 'before meal, after meal' etc, I liked on the BG star that one of the choices was just 'night' for flagging. Sometimes a sample is just not either 'before meal, after meal or fasting'...

So all in all I do like the switch.. it's just not quite as incredible as I thought it was going to be... kwim? ;)

3. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

We use it and we like it better than the one touch ultra that used to link to the pump ... we like the back light feature ... and it has more options ... I also like the test strips better, I don't know that they take less blood but it is nice that you can add more blood and the test strips are easier to handle than the one touch test strips. Finally, we like the size which is much smaller and more like the one touch mini.

If I were to compare to the accu chek nano then it would be tougher as the nano is so small and I think accuchek just has reliable meters. But we have found the Contour Next to be pretty accurate also.

4. Ti'sMom

Ti'sMom Approved members

That's what we use and I love them. We used to have so many errors on the One Touch strips as well as the not enough blood issues. Seemed like a waste of money. No problems with these and we've used them since December.

5. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

we plan on staying with the one touch meter. Matts comfortable with it, and we have extra strips.