- advertisement -

Any tips?

Discussion in 'Teens' started by kinder23, Apr 6, 2012.

1. kinder23

kinder23 Approved members

Hello everybody! I need some tips on lowering my A1C . Right now my A1C is 8.7 not by best:eek: I need to lower it to a 7.2 or lower because I have a deal with my parents, that if i lower my A1C to a 7.2 or below then I can get these two bunnies that I've wanted for the past two months so any tips would be great thanks so much! I'm trying to start pre blousing for everything:)

2. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

Some other things you can do are:

Strike the post-meal spike. You're already prebolussing - Great! Exercising for a few minutes after a meal really curbs the spike. My daughter does 20 minutes of activity after meals when we're in an organized groove. With being homeschooled, you have flexibility that school-kids don't and can fit pe hours right after meals. Eat low glycemic foods that don't spike as fast or as high compared to others.

Make sure your BG numbers are nice at bedtime and through the night (this would involve your parents checking you and adjusting you). Ideally you should be about 120 at night.

I'm impressed with your motivation to learn ways to lower your A1C. You'll be glad you did, for more reasons than bunnies!

3. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

Check your glucose one more time each day. That will lower your A1c.

After you've done that for a week or so, check another time per day. That too will lower your A1c.

Of course, you have to use the additional data to make decisions about your care.

And bolus 20 minutes before meals. That makes a huge difference.

Good luck.

4. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

logging always makes the difference for me=)