- advertisement -

Any of our T1 kids every had a sleep study?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Kaylas mom, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Just curious? Kayla is scheduled to have one in August and wondering if any one else has done one with their kiddo. We have never done one period so I have no idea what to expect but just wondering if they will let me or DH do bg checks or if they will or what. When they called to schedule it I reminded them she was type one and they said to make sure we brought everything we would need to take care of her and that one parent had to stay with her all night.

Her neurologist ordered it because she makes these noises that we thought she was grinding her teeth, but both the dentist and orthodontist ruled out that she isn't grinding her teeth. So, they are ruling out OSA.

2. Joretta

Joretta Approved members

My daughter did an over night neurologist sleep study with electrodes on her head. I managed her BGS like normal. They had food there and we could even order out for delivery for dinner. But remember every place can be different make sure you ask them.

3. ChristineJ

ChristineJ Approved members

My son had a sleep study. I stayed with him all night and handled all aspects of his D care. The staff that do the sleep studies are techs that are trained in that area, and they wouldn't manage other conditions, like D, during the testing.

Christine