- advertisement -

Any new parents of Toddlers diagnosed recently?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Shayekab, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Portabella

Portabella Approved members

My son was diagnosed last year at 2.3

2. mummysf

mummysf New Member

My daughter was diagnosed last Thursday, it hasn't even been a week for us. She's 2 years old. It's been a roller coaster so far, we are still digesting all this new information in the world of diabetes. It's nice to know there are other people out there whose kids were diagnosed so young! I've just come across this site too and I think I'll be spending quite some time here!

3. MamaB66

MamaB66 New Member

My granddaughter was diagnosed about 3 weeks ago and she is 3. We are still dealing with the crazy numbers and she has had an ear infection since being diagnosed. The pediatrician found it wen she was admitted to the hospital and when she went back for her re check this past Monday, she still has it. So they changed her antibiotic. This is all so overwhelming but it does give me hope to read how far a lot of you have came since being diagnosed. My granddaughters numbers were over 300 last night and again this morning and moderate reading on the keto strip and Im panicking. Her Mom called the endo this morning and they gave her instructions on what to do. I feel so helpless.