- advertisement -

Any idea of good rugged pump cases!

Discussion in 'Other Diabetes Products' started by Kent T, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Kent T

Kent T Approved members

Hi all,

I am wondering if there are any pump cases like the Otterboxes for iPhones? I like the idea of a pump case more rugged than normal for my insulin pump as I am a wheelchair user due to spina bifida part time, and the fact that I also have spasticity and tend to tumble occasionally. Alternatively, I have investigated building a wheelchair mount for wheelchair using insulin pumpers.

2. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

I have dropped/banged/bumped my pumps more times than I can count and only once did one sustain damage, but I suspect it was already developing a crack before it was dropped. Animas replaced it promptly, and really day to day damage with any pump is not a concern, because it's covered by your warranty and they'll overnight you a new pump. I have yet to encounter a circumstance with my animas pump where it had to be replaced but it wasn't still usable - even when cracked, it was functioning fine, it was just not waterproof.