- advertisement -

Any CWD families in the Midland/Odessa area?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by goochgirl, Dec 26, 2011.

1. goochgirl

goochgirl Approved members

We may be visiting the area in the next few weeks, and I'd like to be prepared. Best place to go for D emergencies? Stuff to do with kids? Like to meet up?

2. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

Sorry, you will be about 5 hours from me.:( As for D emergencies, probably head over to Dallas or maybe even San Antonio, I think they are both about 5 hours from Midland, you would be better off in either of those towns than in Lubbock or Amarillo. They are both Texas Tech, and you would have to literally fight to get either of them to acknowledge that you have a brain. In fact, they probably would insist in re-dx'ing your cwd.:rolleyes:

Unless someone is here from Midland and can give you a better option.

Sorry, I don't know about attractions either, I know there are lots of oil fields there.

3. muddymessalonskee

muddymessalonskee Approved members

We live four hours away...but have seen Endo Dr. Lori Adcock in Midland.

Stuff to do with kids: go skating at the mall at Odessa, go to the meteor crater at Odessa, go to Sandhills State Park at nearby Monahans, go to Carlsbad Caverns in NM (4 hours), go to McDonald Observatory (4 hours), go swimming at the springs at Balmorrhea (open year round, but kinda scummy on the bottom by winter), etc.

Deborah

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  4. 5kids4me

5kids4me Approved members

We are 4 hrs away too.

Our son sees Dr. Stephen Ponder in Odessa.

There isn't much to do in the Midland/Odessa area, as far as I know...

5. MOM to KELLSE

MOM to KELLSE Approved members

we are about 2 hours away..I wouldn't recommend Dr. Adcock and not really sure about the hospitals there but we have a pedi hospital in Abilene which is about 2 and half hours from Midland and I do recommend it...it's called Hendricks...not sure what there is to do there but they have a nice science spectrum in Lubbock for the kids.

6. goochgirl

goochgirl Approved members

Thank you all for your opinions and information. I don't think we are going, but it's good to know.