- advertisement -

Antibody Tests in Non-D kids - who does it?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Andy'sMom, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Andy'sMom

Andy'sMom Approved members

hi - I've never had my 2 non-D girls tested for antibodies but I'd like to and I'm wondering if this is something we would ask Andy's Endo to do or do we just inquire with our pediatrician? Or would we need to do this via a study like Trial Net? If we can get it done for free or limited $$ as part of a study, all the better.

2. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

We decided to do it this year, which is five years after diagnosis. Not sure why I waited so long. :p DS was tested mid-June and we haven't heard anything from Trial Net yet. I'd contact Trial Net and see if it can work for you :)

3. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

i'm not sure if a ped can do the testing or not. We got 2 out of 3 of my kids tested (they couldnt' get any blood from the baby) for antibodies, through trial net. Trial net is free if you go through them. The kids got their blood drawn at the beginning of July, we're still waiting for results.

Mom to 12 year old daughter. DX T1 3/23/10 pumping animas ping

4. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Noah got tested thru the ped after he had high pp numbers. Nick and I went thru trial net and I got my neg letter about two weeks ago. Still waiting on nicks results.