- advertisement -

Another "found a strip" story!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by 2type1s, May 26, 2010.

1. 2type1s

2type1s Approved members

I love the threads about weird places people find strips...but this one takes the cake. I work in a pediatric clinic where children recieve speech, occupational and physical therapy. Last week we had a client who is type 1 being seen by one of my speech therapists who has a daughter who is also type 1 (convenient, huh?). Well, the therapist was talking to the mom after her speech session was over, and the T1 girl kept pointing to a baby who was crawling in the lobby trying to get her mom's attention. Once she finally did, she pointed out that the baby was chewing on something. The OTHER mom fished it out and said "I have no idea what this even is"! Well the 2 D moms immediately identified it as a blood sugar strip. They were mortified, until they both realized it was a One Touch...which neither of their daughters used. So of course, came and found me. Yep, Morgan and Zoe both use those. Neither of my girls had been there in about 2 months, so it had to of dropped off me somewhere, somehow. I felt soooo bad!!!

2. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

Now THAT is funny!!

3. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

That's too funny!

I spotted an Aviva strip on the floor at work. I couldn't figure out how I got it there. Then I figured out that a guy at work who has type 1 dropped it.

Not too long ago I had to spend three hours disassembling the dishwasher to get three strips out of the disposal.:rolleyes:

4. czardoust

czardoust Approved members

I found one in my clothes washing machine today!

5. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

I LOVE these stories:D

6. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

I saw one last night at church in the audio/visual room. No doubt my daughter probably dropped that one there.

7. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

I meet a friend at the bus stop each afternoon and we generally jump in one another's car to chat while we wait. Well she has this beautiful escalade that she vacuums and cleans out every day (she's a bit obsessive about it) so the other day I get in and she's holding up a little baggie with one test strip in it. She says "I found this and I think it's Ian's and I didn't know if you needed it. I didn't want to just throw it away."

ROFL. it must have been stuck to my shoe or fallen out of my purse or something.

8. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

:D:D

When we were in Marco Island recently we were walking on the beach at the Marriott. We saw one in the sand. Wasn't ours as we sat on the other side. Then we got to thinking, this is where they hold a CWD confrence every year, imagine all the test strips they find after those families leave!?

Or, imagine the FFL hotel after all the CWD'ers leave??:D:eek:

9. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

Funny!!

Michelle I can't believe she saved it for you. How sweet! :)

10. frizzyrazzy

when you're walking around the grounds at FFL it's like hansel and gretle...you just follow the trail of strips. sort of gross, but funny at the same time.

11. Rukio

Rukio Banned

I'd hate to be a person who cleans the rooms after that. xD

12. emm142

emm142 Approved members

LOL, I've found one in my bra once :)eek: TMI?) and also in my HAIR, when I was washing it. :confused:

My sister always picks them up from around the house and throws them at me and tells me to throw them out. It would be less trouble for her to just do it herself. :rolleyes:

13. MyAngelEmma

MyAngelEmma Approved members

We disassembled Emma's 4ft deep swimming pool last weekend that had been up about 2 years. DH pulled the tarp up that was underneath and was raking when he called me over to look at something. You guessed it...lying there in the dirt was a used Freestyle strip! We haven't used Freestyle in a year and half!

14. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

HA HA HA These are all to funny. I can totally see a friend putting it in a baggie and saving it cause they aren't sure if we can reuse it or not. some of my friends have no clue. :D

15. frizzyrazzy

I just thanked her . I was a little shocked. I couldn't tell if she was appalled that I had soiled her precious escalade or what. LOL.

16. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

You should have said something like "Oh, thank GOD you found it! We've been searching for it for two days!"

17. annaluvspink

annaluvspink Approved members

We were walking into Culver's restaurant a few weeks ago, and as we were stepping onto the sidewalk....there it was....a test strip (not ours)....it made our family laugh!

18. MikailasMom

MikailasMom Approved members

LOL! Too funny! We just find them like glitter all over the place :D

19. frizzyrazzy

they're like diabetes glitter!! I love that visual!