advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another claim of a non-invasive glucose monitor

Discussion in 'Research' started by Deal, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Deal

Deal Approved members

I would not take this too serious until you know of someone with T1d that confirms it. I'm highly skeptical but at least it is published work. I don't know how reputable this journal is. Hopefully someone else more in tune with research will comment.

http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/3/3/e1601314.full

2. samson

samson Approved members

results reliable, but not necessarily translatable

Many hurdles lie between a prototype in animals and a marketable product, BUT Science Advances is a fairly prestigious journal -- an offshoot of Science magazine and akin to the "Nature Press" journals. That certainly suggests that the results are robust at least in mice.

3. Ali

Ali Approved members

FWIW I saw on the news that Apple has been working on a wearable product for the last five years. I was not aware till a few days ago that Apple was investing in this type of research.

4. samson

samson Approved members

Not sure if you noticed, but this method is for automatic delivery of metformin, not insulin. I believe this research group is planning to eventually do insulin delivery via a disposable patch but I think there are problems with getting the molecule to diffuse through their special gel needles.

5. Ali

Ali Approved members

Not sure who you are responding too. I did not read the research, the Apple product is for a non invasive CGMs. I was responding to the leader line:).