- advertisement -

Annoying FB posts by friends

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Beach bum, May 5, 2011.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Some of you remember the "Aruba" thread where I had mentioned my friend who posts, packing for Aruba, driving to the airport to go to Aruba, landing in Aruba.

Well, she's at it again. Packing for FL, at the airport, and the latest, a picture of her kid waiting in line for the car rental.

Eeegads! I don't care. I'm happy she's getting away and all that, but please, what next, "I'm peeing in FL?"

2. dejahthoris

dejahthoris Approved members

Some people use facebook like twitter. Twitter is for people who want to give a minute by minute report on their lives, I'm at a restaurant having this, I'm at this concert, I'm flossing my teeth, blah blah blah. I know a couple people who do that. I havent unfriended them but I hide their posts so it wont show up on my feed. If i ever want to see what they are saying I can go to their page..

3. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

I have a friend who went to Hawaii last summer, and she did this. Every two seconds posting a phone pix. and then it was "going surfing, going to dinner,going shopping,in the taxi, going to a lauau". I left her a comment saying "get off of the phone and off of Facebook! Hawaii is beautiful and you're missing it!" Her response was "haha yeah". :rolleyes:

4. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Thats similar to those that use their phones to post their locations. I do not care if you are at walmart, applebees, costco or McDonalds.

5. Beach bum

To me it's like big brother is watching

6. Lee

Lee Approved members

Feel better now :D

sometimes you just gotta let it out!

7. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I hate it when they tag you in that. So even if YOU don't post it, everyone still knows where you're at. I had a cousin that did this, would post where he was at at all times and all the people that were with him. He finally stopped; one of his friends that he tagged said "Gee, thanks for tagging me. Some weirdo was waiting outside by my car when I left." Of course, she was being facetious, but he got the point.

8. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Oh you know I'm gonna run away with this, don't you?:eek::D

9. MamaBear

You can go to your apps settins and disallow your friends to tag you in those posts.

10. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Im thinking the same thing:D pictures of toilets with the comment. "Peeing in Florida!! Wish you were here!!!!:p

11. Beach bum

I know, I'm in trouble Paula:D

12. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

I hate it when people are constantly talking about how great there kids/spouses are. arggghh. there is no way they can allways be that great.

13. MamaBear

I do that with my kids occasionally. Probably annoyed a few friends with that.:D

I had one person on my list (no longer on it) who was always posting about how wonderful her spouse was, love love what would I do without you.:rolleyes: The reason that annoyed me so was because it was far from true. He's a jerk! He's constantly telling her how fat she is. And constantly insulting her and disrespecting her, not to mention worthless with their five kids. I'll never forget having dinner at their house, and watching him be an arse the entire time. Most uncomfortable dinner every! In trying to be a gracious guest, I thanked her and said the dinner was nice. Her husband replied "Well it wasn't wonderful". This paragraph is making him sound much sweeter than he really is actually. But yeah knowing how he really is, and seeing her post lovey doveys all over FB< it makes me want to A)slap some sense into her, B) barf.

14. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

Everything old is new again.
    I'm from the era of the slide show following the vacation. . . . . I remember when video cameras first became widely available and suddenly you'd go to a playground and not see any adult faces, every one covered up with a camera.
    Some people just live "meta", sometimes just for awhile, it's not my schtick but after all theses decades I've learned it's not always about bragging (always). Sometimes, people on vacation feel really lonely!

15. MamaBear

That could be very true. Sad.

16. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

I had to hide one of my friends from my newsfeed because she has decided that FB is her place to relive her juvenile teenage days. She seriously takes pictures of herself with her phone wherever she goes and posts it. She can't go anywhere with her friends without taking a picture of the group (or 50 pictures) and posting it. She seriously does it so people can feed her ego and I just couldn't stand it anymore. When I need entertainment, I'll go to her profile and look but otherwise, now I'm not bothered anymore

17. MamaBear

Ok this isn't so much a post annoyance, more of a message annoyance. I received one of these via FB message today, and also one on my cell phone, 2 different people doing this..those stupid stupid forward emails that say things like "foward this to 4,872 people in 5 minutes or you'll have bad luck for the rest of your life.." Or " pass this to 20 people including me , if you don't I guess we're not friends". What am I? 12 years old?

18. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Well our holiday is over and we're waiting to board the plane home ;)
    Luckily we didn't need the spare insulin I left in the fridge at home :eek:

19. Liongirl4

Liongirl4 Approved members

I read in the paper recently that the police department was able to track a wanted person by a facebook post stating he was at a specific place in Texas.
    So..if you might be wanted anywhere..be careful what you post!