- advertisement -

Annoyed at Bayer

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Leece, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Leece

Leece Approved members

At dx we were given the Bayer Contour meter and BD Ultra Fine lancets to use. We now use the Ping but still use the Contour lancing device and the BD lancets (they are thinner than other brands). The button is sticking on the lancing device and they will not send me a new one until I go buy a box of their lancets. They think that will solve the problem! Its the button sticking not the lancets. They seem to always give me the gears when I phone. Even when I was using their meter too.

2. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

Leece- I'm sure I have a lancing device that uses that type of lances that I can send you. I'm about to take a look and see if I have the bayer one or if I lost it.

3. TheFormerLantusFiend

Is the Ascensia Microlet the lancing device you need? I have one that I got as a free sample from Bayer almost three years ago.

4. Leece

Leece Approved members

We use the Microlet 2 lancing device. Its light blue and white. But thanks for the offer.

5. TheFormerLantusFiend

I realized after my last post that if your issue is just that you like the lancets, then you don't need a specific lancing device. You can use those same lancets in about a dozen different devices. All of the commonly used lancing devices except for the multiclix will accept the same lancets. If you have some other lancing device you don't prefer because of the lancets that came with it, you can put the ones you like into that device. The only difference is the range of depth settings- they all use the same needles.

6. Leece

Leece Approved members

I like the BD lancets and haven't really found another one that I like the depth setting on. I really don't like the One Touch device. I like to try them out on myself first and the Microlet was one that really works for us. My DD fingers are pretty little that the larger sized lancets leave holes or the other lancing devices go to deep.

I keep looking for that really good lancing device and can't seem to find it.

7. Cabins Crue

Cabins Crue Approved members

Amazon has it for $10.95.. I have decided when it comes to my son's diabetes and what makes it easier.. I just buy what ever he needs.. less headaches and I get what I want when I want it.. just a thought

8. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

We use contour but not the lancing device you can have never been used

9. Mom211

Mom211 Approved members

Carris, we use the exact same lancing device.

I have 2 of the Contour meters and just recently one of the lancing devices pooped out on us. The button kept sticking just like you described and finally it stopped working.

I thought about calling Bayer to see if they would send us another lancing device but after reading your post maybe I will just buy another one from Amazon and save myself the headache.

Sorry that Bayer is being stinky over this!

10. Lexi's Mom

Lexi's Mom Approved members

What I did...

I had the same problem. We LOVE the Microlet 2 lancing device and the button quit on us.

So I called Bayer and they sent us a new one and a mailing label to mail them back the broken one. The one they sent me was in a box ready for retail but I have never been able to find one in stores and the ones on Amazon are over $10 each plus shipping.

Then I went on ebay and found someone who had 50 of them still in the wrappers. (I just checked and they still have some at the buy it now price of $3.75 each and free shipping!) I ordered six of them. Got them fine and they work great.

Hope this helps.

11. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Did you escalate and ask to speak to a supervisor?

12. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

I have some of those Microlet 2 that are unused, I will check and see how many, anyone is welcome to them , I also have some boxes of the lancets, I can give you all the numbers from one of the boxes, since that is what they will ask about if you call in again.

13. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Thats just so wrong of bayer to do. I will keep this in mind if we switch.. Kaylee's been asking to use bayer because they come in colors.. There is NO reason why you can't use another lancet.. they are all the same, except the multiclix.. Personally, I'd call bayer back and if they don't want to send you out another lancing device, I'd tell them they just lots a customer and that you'll no longer be using their lancet device at all.

Sorry they have horrible customer service.

14. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

Bayer has been really good to us, everyweek it seems there is a package from them free of charge. We just got a download cable for the contour meter lol we download our pumps on carelink. I am sorry they were not so good yo you, but i will get those devices to you

15. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

I found 2 of the Microlet 2, they have been opened and used a couple of times, I like the multiclix best, so I dont use them. I did not find the lancets, I am sure they are around here somewhere,lol

If anyone wants the M2 just let me know and I will send them out.