- advertisement -

Animas Supplies

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kallygirl, Oct 28, 2013.

1. kallygirl

kallygirl Approved members

Hey Everyone! Feel like I haven't been on here in FOREVER! That is what 3 kids do to ya!

I am at a cross roads with pumps right now and thought someone here might give me some insight.

We have been on Animas Ping and Dexcom for almost 5 years now. We are very happy with the pump and now the Dexcom G4. We are currently out of warranty AND have met our out of pocket max for the year.

The issue I am having is that the customer service for Animas DOES NOT EXIST! My last run in was the dispute all of the charges on my credit card because after 6 weeks I still hadn't talked to someone.

It takes 2 - 3 weeks of me calling daily to order supplies.

I can talk to a technical person any time of the day which is a relief.

We are talking about switching pump mainly due to the bad customer service.

We would stay with Animas if we could order all supplies AND have insurance pay for them somewhere else.

Does anyone order their Animas supplies somewhere other than through Animas website and have insurance cover it? We use the contact detach and cartridges primarily.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kathy

2. dianas

dianas Approved members

Yes, I order my Animas supplies through a third party DME distributor that is local to Washington State and fabulous customer service.

What you need to do is check with your insurance for a list of approved DME providers for your plan and call them. If they handle diabetes related supplies then they probably carry pump supplies for all the pump companies.

That's terrible that Animas customer service has been so poor.

There are national chains you can check such as Edgepark, Liberty Medical, Byram Healthcare, CCS Medical, etc. But basically it all boils down to whether or not the company has contracted with your insurance or not which is why I suggested you start there.

3. kallygirl

kallygirl Approved members

Thanks you guys! I will call Blue Shield of CA tomorrow! Thanks

4. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

I stopped using Animas for supplies years ago. They make a great pump, but the side that manages the supplies is lousy.

You don't have to buy supplies from Animas.

I use Fifty-50 pharmacy -- an online pharmacy for cartridges, sites and strips.

5. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I have used Edgepark, all online. We are now podding but have gotten animas supplies from our current Supllier Foundation Care Pharmacy, have not done online with them but I believe you can.

6. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Same here. We use OptumRx (contracted through insurance) and prior to that, Medco. It was a considerable savings. The only issue I had with both was that they had trouble pulling up the numbers for sets/cartridges. But all that meant was me running to get the box and reading the numbers off to them.

The company has changed drastically since the buy out. Luckily the technical side has not suffered (from my experience) and the fact I can order from someone other than them makes it OK for us for now.

7. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

Ashleigh's been getting her pump supplies from edgepark for the past year. Our insurance at the time no longer covered supplies directly from animas and we had to switch. They've been ok, but we just use them for supplies, not if we have pump issues. For that you'd probably still have to call animas.