- advertisement -

Animas Pump Customer Service - Clip

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by e23nk, Feb 11, 2010.

1. e23nk

e23nk Approved members

Hi everyone,
    Has anyone else had problems with the low profile clip that comes with the Animas pumps?

My son (age 6) uses the Animas 2020 pump. The pump comes with a low profile clip that fits into the back of the pumps metal frame.
    We seem to have problems with the metal clip..eventually the clip itself wears against the pump frame and the clip will no longer stay attached to the pump.
    Kinda makes it hard for my son to wear his pump when there is nothing for him to clip it to.
    This has happened a few times to us so I had to buy one back at the end of Aug 2009.

I called Customer Service to try and get this one replaced?only to find out that there is only a 90 day warranty on them.
    90 days?...are you kidding me?I am not buying replacement headphones for an IPod?Seriously.
    When I purchased the one in Aug I was told there was a 1 year warranty. The paperwork that came with the clip has no warranty info printed on it.
    I think this is a poorly designed clip and I should not have to pay another $20 + shipping to have it replaced.

I am still waiting on a return call from a supervisor?.but they don?t seem to be too responsive...coming up on 2 days now.
    Now there?s some customer service for ya.

2. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

ALL animas accessories have a 90 day warranty.. I don't think it's right either.

3. e23nk

e23nk Approved members

Updated:
    Just got off the phone with customer service...the did change their warrenties from 1 year to 90 days.
    WTF...for real?...I get a better warrenty on a pack of gum.
    What does that say about their products that they went from 1 year to 90 days...C-R-A-P.
    Way to stand behind your garbage..I mean product...as if we dont pay them enough for infusion sets and cartridges.

4. watky

watky New Member

animas

My daughters clip l;asted about 5 month's I've had trouble with them returning my calls. not to happy

5. Mistync991

Mistync991 Approved members

we still have the same clip after 2 years but due to other reasons we are on pump number 3 ...it does seem to get loose for lack of better words but still works...see if you can get in touch with the rep for your endo, i know ours is great and gives us stuff all the time and told me last time just to call if we needed something like that not to order it that he usually had things

6. Gracie'sMom

Gracie'sMom Approved members

My dd's got loose, we tried to replace it but found that the paint material from the first clip had actually transferred into the groove of the actual pump, and now the new clip won't even go in. I am so frustrated! I guess I need to call them . . .

7. Gracie'sMom

Gracie'sMom Approved members

You got me motivated to try to scrape the paint out of the groove for the clip and it came out, we can finally clip it on again, a whole chunk of the clip was in the groove!

8. fcaglarsu

fcaglarsu New Member

My daughter has been using animas ping for almost the past two years and we have gone through three clips and now I have to order number four.
    I wonder, if they have problems with such a simple peace to engineer, how can they make a pump our childrens life depends on !

9. brianbjg

brianbjg New Member

I have gone through so many clips since my first one in 2006. I have reported everyone of them to Animas as well. Although it has been slow moving they are developing a new clip that rotates. It's a pilot study and in trials right now. Hopefully a new one will be out soon!

10. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

When my clip broke on my Veo, Medtronic sent me 2 regular clips and 2 swivel clips, Great customer service. Wednesday they sent me a Quickserter because mine was catching the tape in it. The custermor service girl wasn't great, but she did send it out.

11. jtolpin

jtolpin Approved members

Hurmph!

First, and only complaint is forth coming.

We've gone through a LOT of the low profile clips... even bought one out of pocket, to have as an extra for when (not if) they break....

Last one broke... Called CS for replacement, as it was under 90 days....

Well, the one they sent was a replacement for the broken one, so theres no warranty on THAT then, since its well beyond the 90 days (who knows at this point....)

So yeah, I ordered another one, dropped the $20.

Im expecting it to break, so I bought one of the other clips for $21.

We follow whats supposed to be done, not twisting it etc.... But really.... Im a little bent that this one didnt last more than a couple months, and broke in half. I had a spare that was 'loose' but useable... That one broke today....

Unreal...

Just unreal.

12. DadTheImpaler

DadTheImpaler Approved members

I've just gotten off the phone with customer service, as I'm trying to get yet another clip replacement. In my son's case, the original clip lasted quite some time until part of it snapped off, making it nearly impossible to remove the clip from the pump. Since then, each replacement clip has become loose after little more than a month of use. It wiggles side to side and doesn't remain firm against the side of the pump - this causes problems when he tries to clip it onto his pants, as sometimes his pants will slide in between the clip and the pump, rather than between the arms of the clip. Apparently they're done giving me free replacements. This time, at least, Animas US lodged a design complaint on my behalf, and I was told that they're already aware of the problem and working to design a better clip.

I haven't had to buy a clip yet, but it looks like the next one I get will have to be paid for. I don't mind paying to replace something that we break, but i hate paying for something that is failing as a result of a design flaw.