advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Animas Inset?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Janimal, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Janimal

Janimal Approved members

My son is changing from Medtronic to Animas insulin pump. I have loved the Quicksets because I can hold the infusion set in place as I remove the needle. I cannot believe there is no way to do so with the Inset. Does anyone have problems with the cannula coming out partially when removing the needle and then crimping as it goes back down, then resulting in high BG problems? Thanks

2. KatieB

KatieB Approved members

My trick is to hold down the Inset's tubing while withdrawing the needle, then gently tamping/smoothing the adhesive tape around the set afterwards. Works just fine.

3. HBMom

HBMom Approved members

Have been using the insets for 2 years without any problems at all.

4. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

My son has used the Inset for over years. Only a couple of sites came off, but he is pretty quick with the whole process.

I know you can put a finger in the middle of the device and press down while pulling out the rest of the inset.

5. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We did in the beginning and it was because we didn't hold a finger down securely on the center. Hold the sides to press, but keep your thumb down on the middle and then once it's in, press down 2 or 3 times. We found that took care of the problem.

We've been using them almost 6 years:eek: now and have only had isolated issues and it's usually operator error (because I'm in a hurry).

6. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

It is a little trickier than the Quick sets. We used to use those. I tend to tap down in the middle of the Inset after inserting then while holding the outside of the inserter pull up on the middle part to start to take the needle out. Then pull off the while thing. I believe by holding down the outside part that is holding down the tubing as someone said when pulling out the needle.

7. Janimal

Janimal Approved members

Thanks everyone for your input....very helpful!