- advertisement -

Animas Canada problem

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by C6H12O6, Sep 17, 2013.

1. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

When I attended the meeting with animas to see if I liked the animas pump I was very clear I wanted to be given specific accessories free. Even before the meeting, I asked is there some accessories I can have free.

One of my main reasons for not going with Medtronic is bc the rep for my area for Medtronic caused my family some grief regarding ordering supplies when I was a cozmo customer.

Besides that, there were many compelling reasons for me to go to Medtronic. 1) My battery and cartridge cost will / has gone way up. 2) I could have like 3 types of remotes to a Medtronic (yes I prob could have gotten my hands on a one touch Medtronic remote, in addition to the Bayer and the nova max simultaneously no less )

3) If I put a bg into my animas manually in won?t be in the data to give my endo unless I send a correction bolus of at least zero

4) Who knows when dexcom will come to Canada

5) the 200 unit cartridge is a bit of a hassle

Anyways now they are giving me a hard time about sending me my accessories, and to top it off I agreed to buy a 160 $ remote that can?t even link simultaneously

Sorry to whine

2. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

What type of accessories?

3. dianas

dianas Approved members

Also is Diasend available for Canadian Animas customers? If you download to Diasend you could most likely use your preferred meter as most meters are supported as well as Animas pumps.

I could be wrong but it looks to me like Diasend is supported for Canadian customers.

http://www.diasend.com/ca-en

4. D A Morisse

D A Morisse Approved members

FYI
    I rec'd an Email yesterday from Dexcom saying that they had signed a distribution agreement with Animas Canada.

Also the Vibe was approved by Health Canada Sept. 9th

5. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

It was skins. I requested a few. and a thigh thing

6. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

well i just trained on the ping on the 5th. so if they start distributing the vibe soon i should really be entitled to a vibe :eek:

7. D A Morisse

I would ask, If they say no send every thing back and start your order over.
    I think all pump companies have a trial period.

8. Shopgirl2091

Shopgirl2091 Approved members

When we first got our ping we got a free pump skin, and I just ordered supplies for the second time and got another free skin - I don't think they should have any problem giving you some, it seems like they give them out all the time.

9. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

When I bought the Veo, I received a lot of skins, not even sure where they are, was going to offer them to a kid, but can't find them. They also supplied me with 3 Contour links, 2 holsters, 2 clips , a bra pouch(don't use either) and a few other things. The clips and holsters are warratied for the full 4 years!

10. Helenmomofsporty13yearold

Helenmomofsporty13yearold Approved members

Would you please advise where I can learn more about these facts.

11. D A Morisse

Here is the e-mail I rec'd a couple of days ago from Dexcom

Great news! We have signed a distribution agreement with Animas Canada to represent Dexcom stand alone systems in Canada. I am forwarding this email to Richard Forster, National Sales Director, Animas Canada. He will be advising next steps.

Thank you,

Johnny Hernandez

T: 858.875.9725 | C: 858.774.9700

Email: jhernandez1@dexcom.com

The vibe approval is from the MDALL (medical device active licence listing) from Health Canada
    www.hc-sc.gc.ca (this is kind of like the US FDA site)

I haven't found any other info regarding the above. No news releases or changes to the Animas web site. I am speculating that Animas is not ready to release the Vibe for sale yet. Just like Dexcom not releasing the G4 for sale immediately after Health Canada approval.
    Hopefully this will happen soon.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  12. AliciaM

AliciaM Approved members

Richard is the one I've been in contact with and he said the dexcom is being delayed until mid-end october.

13. Helenmomofsporty13yearold

Helenmomofsporty13yearold Approved members

Thanks for the updates.

14. D A Morisse

Good thing I still have quite a few sensors to use up, just hoping my old mm pump lasts until they actually start selling the vibe and g4 sensors

15. Dad_in_Canada

Dad_in_Canada Approved members

Has anyone found out if your health insurance (ie. through your employer) will cover a CGM? I'm with Sunlife, and they'll cover it 100%, BUT up to a 5-year limit of $150.

Their rationale is a CGM is an "upgrade" over a glucometer, hence they'll only cover a CGM up to dollar amount that is similar to a glucometer (ie. $150).

I'm going to try an "exception process", asking our endo to write a letter indicating why a CGM is necessary, but I'm not optimistic, since the Sunlife rep suggested most exception requests like this are declined.

Depending on costs, I may purchase the G4 out-of-pocket anyway, but Animas Canada isn't able to provide pricing yet.

16. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

I'm with Sunlife as well. they're terrible. I also have coverage with Great West, and they won't cover it either, but will cover pump batteries(Sunlife won't). Thankfully, I don't need a CGM as they're too expensive to use.

17. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

I got my items.:) I am pretty happy with the animas pump. The change has been a bit of a challenge though.

18. jozic

jozic Approved members

My husbands insurance at work fully covering CGMS since 2007. Right now he is with Standard Life.