- advertisement -

Animas arrived. Questions so far?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by C6H12O6, Aug 30, 2013.

1. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

How do I do a combo bolus ?
    How do I do an extended bolus ?
    How do I link the meter remote ?
    Can I link 2 meter remotes at once. I ordered an extra do I just have to keep that put away for later use ?

When using the "normal" bolus can you scroll by increments of greater than 0.5 units ?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  2. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

You haven't turned on advanced settings yet? you need to and then combo bolus will come up - you use that for combo and extended.
    We have a vibe not a ping so I don't know about remotes.
    You can change audio step bolus on adv setting 7 to give 1 unit or 5 unit bolus'.

3. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

You have the Ping correct?

How do I do a combo bolus ? Two ways. Either go into EZ Carb and enter carbs and BG. Hit show result. Add in the suggested dose and hit OK. It will land on Go. Arrow down to where it says normal. Click on that so it flashes. Arrow up to combo. The hit Go. It will bring you to Combo screen. Arrow down to time. Determine the time you want it to span. Then hit OK. Arrow down to Norm:Ext. You determine the percentage. Then hit Go.
    If you are familiar with the amount of insulin you need to give, along with percentage and duration, you can bypass EZ Carb and just use combo bolus. There you put in everything yourself manually.

How do I do an extended bolus ?
    Extended bolus is combo bolus for Animas.
    How do I link the meter remote ? Go onto the meter. Scroll to meter settings. Scroll to RF. Make sure RF is on. Scroll to pairing. Hit go. It will go through a search mode and should happen fairly quickly.
    Can I link 2 meter remotes at once. I ordered an extra do I just have to keep that put away for later use ? Sadly no. Only one can be paired at a time.

When using the "normal" bolus can you scroll by increments of greater than 0.5 units ? Nope. 0.5 only.

There should be a DVD in the box everything came with. If I recall, it was pretty helpful.

4. schnoodle

schnoodle Approved members

You should really wait unit your training date to start using the new pump

5. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

Yeah it is a ping. On cozmo combination bolus is where you give a certain percentage of the bolus upfront and a certain percentage over a certain time frame (ranging from 15 minutes to 8 hours.). And extended is where you give a certain bolus amount over a certain period (ranging from 15 minutes to 8 hours.)
    The ping is hard to use in comparison to the cozmo.

I am glad it has audio bolus. That is the same as touch bolus on the cozmo. I can go by 1 unit increments on that.

I still can't figure out how to do combo or extended bolus.

6. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

You need to go to: Set Up> Advanced> then move to the 2nd screen,under bolus - turn Adv bolus ON.. then you get the EZ carb, EZ bg, Combo bolus options. Its different from cozmo because you use the nNormal/extend ratio to do either combo or extended from the same place ...

There is NO "bolus not completed - would you like to continue" screen if you fail to complete the bolus - it just fades away... Rachel seems to really need that prompt..

Hope that helps.. :cwds:

7. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

I am so confused.:eek: Thanks for trying to help. I will be officially trained on it soon.

8. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Google Ping owner's booklet.pdf and you should be able to find answers to most of your questions. You probably have this booklet sent with your pump. Don't be afraid to crack it open and look at it!;)