- advertisement -

Angel Food Ministries. Cheap! Good! Gluten Free Pkgs too!

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Tena, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Tena

Tena Approved members

I don't know if everyone is aware of Angel Food Ministries but I recently learned about them. They offer grocery pkgs to feed a family of 4 for $30 per week. I bought it in March and will again in April. You can see the menus online and also find a host site near you to pick up your order.

I thought of our Celiac friends when I saw that they offer an allergen free box. It takes out things like peanuts, soy, gluten and others. I thought some of you might be interested.

www.Angelfoodministries.com

2. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

My local pickup doesn't do online ordering so I am going to give them a call tomorrow.

3. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

There is a site about 1/2 hour from me.. how does this work, I mean, how the heck can you get all those groceries for so little? With Matt not working this is something that could really come in handy!

4. Flutterby

the gluten free (allergry free) box is a great deal! for $25 that would last Kaylee some time.. normally I'd get about 15 chicken nuggets for that price!:eek: (3 boxes of 5 nuggets).

5. Flutterby

what package did you buy? was the food good (I always worry about premade foods and whether I'll (or someone else in the family) like them..).

6. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

I just placed our first order last night. I'm very interested to see what the gf box contains. I know WHAT it contains, but how does it taste, and what DID they bread everything with?
    It's that whole "sounds too good to be true" thing

7. Flutterby

on the bottom of the list of items in the package it tells you exactly whats in that 'breading':)

8. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

Thanks!
    I must not have scrolled down far enough. I'm always a little concerned about what non-Celiac people consider gf after the hospital dietician insisted she could have Rice Crispies.

9. NicksMother

NicksMother Approved members

Angel Food works by eliminating the middle man. We used them all of last year and were happy with the food. The local Church recently decided to go with another provider called Great Food for All. If you don't have an Angel Food supplier near you, check to see if you have a Great Food for All. Here is their web site: http://greatfoodforall.com/

I'm not sure which food I like best and I don't know if Great Food has GF packages. I do know both programs are a real help with the food budget.

10. Tena

Tena Approved members

I ordered the regular box last month. I got quite a bit of food. So far everything we have eaten has been delicious. My family's favorite so far was the chicken fried steak patties. They were great. Another friend of mine tried the meatballs that came with hers last night and said they were delicious.

From what I know there are no qualifications just order them and pick them up. I haven't tried the gluten free box. I just want to let you guys know it was out there.

For April I am ordering a regular box, a convenience box, and the fresh fruit and vegetable box. I am going to be out of town the week after I pick it up so I thought my DH and DS could utilize the frozen dinners in the convenience box.

Let me say I was very impressed with the amount and quality.

11. NicksMother

NicksMother Approved members

Anyone who eats qualifies! :)