- advertisement -

And this is why I'm fat. Anyone else do this when weighing out their child's food?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by liasmommy2000, Oct 9, 2011.

1. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

Ok, really there are way more reasons that I'm fat. I know, I need more will power.

I was just weighing out animal crackers to pre-portion for Lia's lunch. Trying to get each portion to weigh as close to the 31 gram portion size as I could. So I find myself taking a piece off to get it back to that weight and then popping it in my mouth.

Then at the end their isn't enough for a whole serving so I just eat that. I need to buy something else that I don't like so much lol.

So bad...

2. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Oh sure, that happens all the time with chocolate;):D

3. jbmom1b2g

jbmom1b2g Approved members

:rolleyes:That unfortunatly happens with all moms. Thier kids dont eat all their food and the mom will sit thier and pick at the food. I also catch myself doing that at times.

4. Mom211

Mom211 Approved members

I gained 20 pounds after my dd was diagnosed! I am s l o w l y working it back off but it is hard.

5. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Oh, I used to eat my kids' leftovers.:rolleyes:

6. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

Just tell yourself that you are allergic to it. :D

7. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

Yes...looking at how much DS took, knowing how many carbs (times 4 for calories, and not even taking into account "times 9 for fat grams") then seeing how much is on my plate, not even wanting to count how many calories that must have been....*sigh* Yes, as you said, it's a willpower thing, I think. Eating less isn't that hard, it's just so much easier to eat more!!!

I have bought the pre-packaged crackers (like the 6 pack of cheese sandwich crackers) so then I'm not so tempted to eat some. :) Plus it's way easier to just stick one in his lunch, no need to weigh.

Yep. you're not alone.

8. bnmom

bnmom Approved members

I'm really bad when treating lows at night...I'll drink part of the strawberry milk if the cup is too full, or eat that extra 1/3 of the pb sandwich, or lick the icing off my fingers rather than just use a napkin.

Thank goodness I can buy skittles and sweettarts to treat most lows, those don't tempt me. But I'd be in real trouble if mini hershey bars or reese cups were the recommended treatment! :eek: