- advertisement -

An introduction I would never have thought I'd make...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Teacups, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Teacups

Teacups Approved members

Hi friends,
    My ds11 just learned he has db last Saturday. We've been home from the hospital since Monday and have felt much, learned much, changed much and seen him feel MUCH better than last week!

So just wanted to introduce myself b/c I know I have and will have lots of questions in the coming days, weeks and months.

I appreciate all of you who are walking the same path, maybe a bit further down the road, and willing to help those coming along. :)

2. Rukio

Rukio Banned

Welcome to the group. Hah, I remember being 8 years old and seeing an advertisement for meters and asking my grandma what the meter was for. After finding out it was for diabetics I said out loud "Oh, Well, I'll never get that!" and continued playing. Now look at me =P T1 for 2 years. I will confess I am not as able to help you as say others might, but catch me on a day you are down, and I can generally cheer you up somehow. =3

3. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

Sorry you have had to join our little group, but welcome!

4. 2boysmom

2boysmom Approved members

Welcome to the group. Sorry that you find yourself here. Glad you found the group so quickly, it is a great resource for information, education, emotional support and sometimes even a good laugh.

Good luck on your journey.

5. momtoirishtwins

momtoirishtwins Approved members

Welcome, unfortunately. We are new as well. Connor was diagnosed as T1 May 21st. Even just a few weeks out, we are feeling better day by day. Connor has completely adjusted, its just taking momma a bit longer. ;) These ladies and gentlemen are all very nice and extremely helpful. Glad you found us.

6. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Sorry you had to join.. if you have an question, SOMEONE here will have the answer.

7. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Sorry to hear about your son, but welcome to the tribe :cwds: Many smart and caring parents here, I hope you'll feel free to ask away.;)

8. Teacups

Teacups Approved members

Thank you all!

Thanks to each one of you for taking a minute to say hello. One week ago today was day 2 in the hospital. And you're right, it is getting better day by day.

As PP said, it's been harder on me than anyone. Weird, since I'm not the one directly affected. Only indirectly.

Thankfully I have One I can lean on no matter what type of day it is. And for that I'm thankful. :)

9. Kayla and Ethan's Mom

Kayla and Ethan's Mom Approved members

Welcome to the group! You will find some much information and support here! It has been a life saver for us!

10. 2type1s

2type1s Approved members

Welcome! I have been on vacation with the girls and hubby and not on here for a week! So a belated "Hi". I just had a GREAT vacation at the beach with 2 pumpers, 2 CGMS, a lot of juice boxes, and diabetes did not control us! It was a great vacation! We only had 2 nights with lows, but were easily managed with Dexcom! Last year, 2 diabetic daughters at the beach left me exhausted and a little angry. This year..AWESOME! Even after 11 years of dealing with D, it still gets better...mostly because I've learned so much HERE!

11. Teacups

Teacups Approved members

Wow, Sharon! Thanks for the encouraging welcome -- I'm so glad you had a wonderful vacation. :) We went away for 5 days to see family and definitely can relate to the exhausted part. So many unknowns for us since we left less than 2 weeks from diagnosis. It's good to get a glimpse of life further down the road! Thanks again for the welcome!

12. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

Welcome. .......