- advertisement -

Amazing DAD Alert

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Kazee6, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Kazee6

Kazee6 Approved members

For any parents who question the abilities of a diabetic alert dog, I wanted to share our story from tonight. Wyatt and Lucas had baseball practice tonight. Part of the team was on the field and the other members were at the batting cage on the other side of the baseball complex. Lucas was on the field and I was sitting with Skittles on my lap. The Coach told Lucas to head over to the batting cage. As Lucas got to the far side of the field from us Skittles sat up and started whining. I figured he wanted down, but even after putting him down he continued to whine. I got up to walk him and he started pulling his lead for me follow. I knew then that something was up. Skittles pulled me over to the batting cage, whining the whole way. Once we got there he immediately went straight to Lucas and sat down looking at Lucas and then at me. I had Lucas sit down and check himself and he was 57...57 and didn't feel it. Lucas has always felt his lows. I had just checked him 20 min earlier and would not have thought to follow him over to the batting cage because he was fine. Skittles is amazing and I couldn't stay greater things about the organization we are working with and all the great things they are doing. The dogs are expensive, but to me they are worth every penny. Had Skittles not taken me to Lucas he would have continued to drop. I am thankful to have this little guy!

2. cm4kelly

cm4kelly Approved members

Amazing

I have just started reading up a little on the dogs. What an amazing story. Does the dog attend school with the children or stay home?

3. Momto3

Momto3 Approved members

Kudos to Skittles for a job well done!

I would love to get a service dog but my husband and oldest DD, who does not have D, is allergic to anything with fur.

4. sooz

sooz Approved members

What a wonderful dog! You are so lucky to have him!! Great job Skittles!!!

5. kpoehls

kpoehls Approved members

YAY Skittles!!! :D

6. 3kidlets

3kidlets Approved members

Hey! I Just saw you and Skittles on Yahoo News! My daughter was on her computer and she called me in to watch the news piece. I knew it was you when they started talking about Skittles. How awesome! :)

7. chocoholicsc

chocoholicsc Approved members

That's AWESOME! Way to go Skittles!! :)

8. Lynnieg123

Lynnieg123 Approved members

That is AMZING!!!! Dogs are so amazing! Of course my dog does nothing but eat her own poop but other dogs can do amazing things!!!!!!! So glad for your family to have Skittles.

9. Lani

Lani Approved members

Hi - I just saw your post about Skittles. (great name by the way) We have been researching alert dogs and was wondering where did you get Skittles? We are looking for a reputable trainer. Thank you for sharing your story!

10. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Hi there neighbor, I am over here is Sparks, NV.

11. Gsmama

Gsmama Approved members

What organization did you get Skittles from? And how totally awesome!!!