- advertisement -

..Am I the only one this stupid?

Discussion in 'Teens' started by emm142, Jan 4, 2009.

1. emm142

emm142 Approved members

So, last night, I wake up, low, stumble around my room for a while in the dark looking for anything which looks like it could have sugar in it (yeah, I'm not good at just keeping stuff beside my bed...) and find something which looks like candy, eat it, lie back in bed, and realise ten minutes later (I'm still low) that it was sugar-free stuff my gran bought me. LOL. the only other thing I could find to eat was chocolate... guess what, that low took a while to come up. :eek: anyone else had an embarassing D moment lately?

2. wiichamp319

wiichamp319 Approved members

Well i have. I was in gym classs and i felt low while i was running and i didnt want to test so i kept running and then i fell down because i was shaky lol then i went to the side tested and ate lol really embarrising:eek::eek::eek::eek:

3. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

Once I had a class where I had special permission to eat in class due to D, but the one time I needed to, I didn't have anything in my backpack! I had to go out to my locker, which had stale matzah,got that, and went back to class. Boy, did I feel conspicuous.

4. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Nope nope definitely normal thing. I mean, who can think when they're low...at night? Seriously, sometimes when I'm low I just don't. want. to. move. AT ALL. Like I think maybe if I'm rock-still it'll go away. But it doesn't :(.

5. karpoozi123

karpoozi123 Approved members

Last night I was on the phone with my friend and I was REALLY low. Today when I spoke to her she told me that I was saying things that seriously made less than no sense and she was freaking out.... :eek:

6. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

I hate it when that happens.

That happened to me the other night. It was like one in the morning and I was tested and I was 39 or something. Ugh!

7. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Yeuch. In the past week I've had a couple of night lows (that's a lot for me, usually I'm pretty steady at night). I had one 50something and one 30something. I had to do a complete overhaul of I:Cs and ISFs, my I:C is 1:11 now and my 1 unit lowers my BG 140 pts! My corrections seem tiny now compared with before.

8. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

Are you honeymooning? Did you change some other med recently? Are you sure it's not your basals? 140 sounds like a really high ISF to me and you're probably not that much smaller than I am.

9. emm142

emm142 Approved members

My basals seem pretty good, I haven't done an official test in a while but just from general delayed meals and stuff I haven't had a problem. My basals are only 0.1-0.3u/h so they're fairly small. My I:Cs are just way out of proportion with my ISF and basals, but it seems to be working okay (I haven't had any highs in like 6 days now and the lows haven't been too drastic since thursday). And no, I'm not honeymooning (according to the diabetologist guy). I am on antibiotics though, I guess that could have affected something. I'm not sure if I'm smaller than you, I'm lik 5'5/5'6ish and I weigh 110-120. *shrugs* I'm basically normal sized.

10. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

I had a whole conversation with a wall, apparently I was screaming at it that I didn't want juice.
    Well I guess that stuff is kinda normal for me let them stare hee hee

11. missy malone

missy malone New Member

hey i'm new here i live in england i'm nearly 14. i keep ging low this week so i keep having to go out of class n al my works messed up seriously though ive had to have like a bottle of lucozade a day n sugary yoghurts constantly it was so embarrasing i was walking to french with the boy i fancy and i could feel i was going low but i didnt say anything and i collapsed because i was so shaky way to embarass myself lol. i've just gone onto 4 injections and im not feeling when i go low is anyone else like this i was 1.3 (different measurment in the uk i think its about 20 or 30 in america)before i realised i was low

12. emm142

emm142 Approved members

hey, I'm from England too! :) I hate those low weeks, really sucks. Have you been lowering your doses and stuff? I know I needed less insulin once I moved to 4+ injections per day from 2. How long have you had D for? (btw, 1.3mmol/l is 23mg/dl).