- advertisement -

Am I forgetting anything

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sammysmom, Jun 8, 2010.

1. sammysmom

sammysmom Approved members

I am going in Friday to be induced to have baby #3. I think I have everything all set for Sammy. Site change will be on Friday morning right before school, complete with full cartridge. 2 extra infusion sets are packed along with back up insulin pen and needles. Calorie king book and IV 3000. Batteries are changed in Ping meter and 1 extra box of strips are packed. He knows what he should be doing in terms of D care so I am not really worried about that. I have emeregency instructions written down and what time to test him at night time. Am I forgetting anything big?

2. mommylovestosing

mommylovestosing Approved members

All sounds good to me!!

GL and CONGRATS!!

3. chammond

chammond Approved members

You probably have this, but we always leave the number for the endo and cde with my parents when we leave him. Also, we leave the small book we got with our pump in case they have any problems and we aren't available. It also walks through step by step for site and battery changes. Congratulations!

4. Seansmommy

Seansmommy Approved members

Glucose tabs, juice boxes, free carb snacks.

5. MikailasMom

MikailasMom Approved members

glucagon?;)

6. Ginagbaby1

Ginagbaby1 Approved members

extra lancets for the meter, glucagon, a few ketone strips, and your endo's and cde's phone number. On Saturday we had a bad infusion site and the numbers start going up pretty quick. Our cde had us test him twice for ketones.

7. chammond

chammond Approved members

My SIL who has Type 1 is also being induced on Friday, so I get to be an aunt again. :D

8. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Just wanted to say good luck and congratulations! It sounds like you've got everything under control. :cwds: