- advertisement -

Almond flour

Discussion in 'Celiac' started by lisamustac, Mar 31, 2012.

1. lisamustac

lisamustac Approved members

Just wanted to let my fellow celiacs :) know I have been having lots of success baking with honeyville blanched almond flour. Anyone want a few recipes let me know.

2. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

We use almond flour too! Aren't the lower spikes great! My favorite cookbooks are the Grain-free Gourmet,Everyday Grain-free Gourmet, and Nourishing Traditions.

I get almond flour from Azure Standard http://www.azurestandard.com/in bulk for $4/lb. The next cheapest I've found is $8.:eek:

3. Caldercup

Caldercup Approved members

You know... I bought some of the Honeyville almond flour a while back and never used it. Must dig that out!

I bought it thanks to Elana Amsterdam's recommendation. (I follow her blog at http://www.elanaspantry.com/ )

I did buy her cookbook in my flurry of buying cookbooks after diagnosis, but haven't made anything from it yet.

Looks like I have to get baking!

4. lisamustac

lisamustac Approved members

I have tried a few almond flours and honeyville seems to work the best...for me. I have been making lots of elanas recipes. I don't see any blood sugar spikes with any of it and it's simple healthy food. Make the banana cake on elanas pantry website, make it in a small loaf pan like banana bread...to die for:)

5. Caldercup

Caldercup Approved members

Now why did I start drooooooling?

Yummy!

6. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

You can make great dumplings with it - just mix it with eggs until firm enough to shape, then drop in boiling water.