- advertisement -

All-in-one machine

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by KeltonsMom, Jan 20, 2009.

1. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

Since Kelton will be attending a new school next semester we will have to send his computer and all-in-one machine back.

I do know that the new school will be sending him a laptop computer but I have to supply the all-in-one machine..

I had a very busy day today and my brain fell out of my head, and I was wondering which all-in-one machine would be good to buy..

I did buy one a few years ago, but it died and all it does is scan, it won't fax, print or copy anything anymore..

Which brands are good? I would like to keep it under $160 if possible..

2. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

3. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Teddi,

Mine was about $150 a year ago...HP model J5780. I've been very happy with it.

4. KeltonsMom

One question, how long does the toner last?

5. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

I have 2 ink cartridges; the color lasts longer because we don't do much color printing. I get the XL version of the black ink because it goes much faster. We do keep everything in the draft setting. I usually get several months out of each cartridge this way. (Mine is an inkjet.)

6. KeltonsMom

Okay, I can buy refill kits for the inkjet..

I have some time before I have to buy one..

7. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

I also meant to say, there is no toner per se for my machine. Just the inks.

8. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

9. mapoe4

mapoe4 Approved members

I can't help much on which one to buy I had an HP at first and I liked that one don't remember which model it lasted for a while. I bought a lexmark this time because it was the cheaper one and I don't really care for it the ink cartragies don't last long and they are not cheap. I wish I would have looked at that when I bought it but I was in a hurry.

10. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

I have a canon mp500. I really like it. It scans nicely. It photocopies nicely. It prints fast. The ink seems to last a long time, especially if you're printing in b/w and it's fabulous for printing photos too.

I've had ti about 2/3 years now and I'd hate to ever give it up.

11. etringali

etringali Approved members

I had a LEXMARK all in one. It was awful. Eats through ink cartridges. Black you can refill, but it's a bit messy. Color cartridge you can't. Cartridges are expensive, even factory rebuilt ones. Scanner works ok. Served it's purpose.

We got a brother laser printer at xmas. It has wireless so it's network ready. So far we like it. based on that, I'd say check out Brother all in ones. In general, I've seen priced anywhere from 49.99 and up. Big thing to consider is cartridge/toner costs.

Happy Shopping!