- advertisement -

All I want for Christmas is...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Beach bum, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

For Dexcom to become compatible with Macs…oh and a cure.

I don't run bootcamp, so I have to borrow one of my kids PC's to download data and send, that in itself is like trying to work a miracle:p

Now back to your regularly scheduled programing.

2. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

You can easily download the dex to a mac and view/send reports. Just download chrome and then download chromadex in the chrome store (it is free). You use that just as you would dexcom studio.

3. Don

Don Approved members

No Xmas wishes allowed until after the last Thanksgiving bolus has been set, lol. Seriously, cross-platform magic like Tidepool may someday obviate this kind of lameness.

4. Beach bum

Interesting. Will have to give this a try…
    LOL, but I still don't understand why Dex can't have a mac program too.

5. KHS22

KHS22 Approved members

We download the dex to Diasend on our Mac. Very easy and helpful reports...

6. Beach bum

I will have to try this. For the longest time you couldn't access the Dex tab on Diasend.

7. kyle and ryans mom

kyle and ryans mom Approved members

So, do you just hold the diasend sensor to back of the dexcom like when downloading from the pump? We just got the G4 last week and haven't downloaded anything yet.

8. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

You have to use the international version of diasend to download the dexcom. In the US it will only work for 30 days before you have to pay or enter the serial number of a non US animas pump (and you can't pay without a non US address, I believe).

ETA: There is an uploader you download and then you plug the dexcom in with the USB cord it comes with. The uploader then sends the info to the international diasend site, where you can view it.