- advertisement -

Alert volume on Revel w/ CGMS vs. 522/722 pump

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mom264, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Mom264

Mom264 Approved members

OK. This is for those who have the Revel, are ising the CGMS and formerly used the CGMS with an older MM pump.

Has anyone compared the sound of the alert? To me it actually sounds a bit softer than with the 522. :confused:

Dd thinks it has a higher pitch to it. (Which is just dandy for a middle-aged mom!)

I just did a side by side selftest on each, closed my eyes and listened, and was very surprised.

So, is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this? (If you upgrade you have to send the older pump back within 30 days.)

I don't understand why it would be softer. :confused:

2. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

I compared the two and honestly could not hear a difference. If you compare the technical data in the manuals for both pumps, it shows the Revel is at a slightly different pitch. My ears couldn't decipher it...but could be just me.

3. Jilleighn

Jilleighn Approved members

The volume is about the same, but the pump alerts are a different sound then the guardian. I have heard the Pump alerts and thought she was pushing buttons on the pump.

4. KarenRI

KarenRI Approved members

I did a side by side with Nate's new Revel and his 722. The Revel's alert tones are definitely higher in pitch...to us, the higher pitch sounds cut through better and we can all hear the alarms much better than the alarms on his 722. To me, they sound louder too. I could never hear Nate's 722 when he was under his bed covers even when standing right next to his bed. I can now hear the Revel's alarms when he's under the covers if I'm in the general area of his bedroom.

We are still using the Guardian for night time monitoring. Although I hear the Revel alarms better, I still don't think they would wake me from a dead sleep.
    I have the Guardian zipped into a pump pouch with the Radio Shack microphone and it works great for night time.

5. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

oh that's going to be dandy for dh who has almost no hearing in the upper range. lol.

6. Mom264

Mom264 Approved members

OK, So what you are all telling me -- Nicely :) -- is that I am slowly going deaf. OK, that's life. ;)

Here is a nifty little hearing test I found online. (I was pleased that it seems my ears are not yet as old as I am. But still not as young as I'd like.)

Wondering what score you all get here --
    http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/